Thanks, Mr. Dibny!
The Renegade Robins Club welcomes Max Allan Collins and Mike W. Barr as they take over the writing duties for Batman and Detective Comics, respectively! But first, we’ll look at the tie-in issues for the first major post-Crisis event, Legends!
Join the club today!
And don’t forget to check out the Robin Month celebrations all across the community!
Click these drop-down menus for some bonus info:
Magpie debuted in John Byrne’s The Man of Steel #3, which featured the first meeting of Superman and Batman in the post-Crisis timeline.
G. Gordon Godfrey (the guy stirring up all the trouble in Legends) is actually Glorious Godfrey, first seen in Jack Kirby’s The Forever People #3.
Slam Bradley premiered all the way back in Detective Comics #1, while Elongated Man (a 'Tec back-up story regular) got his start in The Flash #112.
Old Sherlock Holmes helped Hawkman back in Flash Comics #69. His ghost assisted Deadman in DC Special Series #8, but he appears to have gotten better since then…
Get a cave, you two!
Here’s our schedule: 2020-03-16T05:00:00Z → 2020-03-29T05:00:00Z
Week 11 Reading (Eight Issues)
I. Legends Tie-Ins
II. One Batman Too Many
III. The Last Laugh
IV. Stand-Alone Stories
- What did you think of the Legends tie-in story? How does it compare to the Crisis tie-in?
- What is your impression so far of the Max Allan Collins take on Batman and Robin?
- What is your impression so far of the Mike Barr & Alan Davis take on Batman and Robin?
- Which of the stories did you enjoy the most? Which was the best showcase for Jason?
- How do you feel about the resolution of the Catwoman story from Doug Moench’s run?
Yikes! Pump the breaks, DC!
Poll Question: What other classic detectives should Jay get to meet?
- Auguste Dupin
- Hercule Poirot
- Sam Spade
- Nancy Drew
- The Shadow
- Peter Gunn
- John Shaft
- David Addison
- Ace Ventura
- Veronica Mars
Jason Todd will receive his shiny new origin story in two weeks! Next week, witness Damian Wayne’s promotion to Robin alongside Dick Grayson’s Batman!