[RR-Damian Wayne]Week 10: Collusion [6/15-6/28]

download (1)

This week we have a special guest here at Renegade Robins: Damian Wayne. Please welcome Red Robin and I’m not referring to the burger place. The last time Damian encountered Tim Drake he told his predecessor that the Batgirl mantle was still available. Let’s see if things have changed between them.

RedRobin_Rescue4

Sadly this won’t be the last time this sort of thing happens, Damian. That side of your family is completely crazy.

Damian Wayne in other comics

This month’s feature issues are from Gotham Academy.

• Gotham Academy #7

51zYzNf3THL.SX323_BO1,204,203,200

• Gotham Academy: Second Semester #11

Gotham_Academy_Second_Semester_Vol_1_11

I really wish this series had continued for longer because it was a fun series and I really enjoyed it. Drop a comment below if you liked the series or your thoughts on these issues if you like.

This week’s issues

*Red Robin #9
*Batgirl #8
*Red Robin #10-15

Discussion Questions

1. These issues are the first time in awhile that Damian and Tim have interacted. Do you see any differences in how Damian treats Tim in these issues versus how he treated him before?

2. Damian was disappointed that his grandfather only sent a ninja after him (and Batman as well) during the Collusion storyline. Why do you think he was disappointed?

3. Damian just wants Tim to know that he’s changed. Did you feel badly for him when he discovers that he is on Tim’s Hit List?

4. Damian is understandably angry at the above discovery. How did you like the fight between Robin and Red Robin?

And that’s it for this edition of the DWBC. See you all next time.

Join the club @ Renegade Robins

Next on RR:RH

It’s Red Hood starring as Nightwing!

Next on RR:DW

Batman and Robin return in “The Sum of Her Parts”.

Be sure to tune in. Same Robin Time. Same Robin Channel. @RenegadeRobinsClub

5 Likes

Ooh! A great week for Dr. Mid-Nite fans!

whisper whisper

Oh, that’s Tim? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well actually now that you mention it Doc Mid-Nite is gonna be a character of interest at the JSA Book Club this week as well. Sort of ironic really though not intentional.

And yeah that was a plug for my other club.

1 Like

Nothing quite like being underestimated by your grandfather.

Anyway, I enjoyed Damian’s cameo in this story, even if there was little room for him (or Dick) in this Gary Stu story. :stuck_out_tongue: (There I go again, badmouthing Tim. Sorry.)

1 Like

Still and all I liked what little Damian was in these as well as Steph. I did feel like it showed some of Damian’s growth here.

So what did some of you guys think about Damian here @RenegadeRobinsClub?

2 Likes

Serve him vichyssoise next time, Alfred.

1 Like

:rofl:

I did like Damian’s line there. ‘Nattering’ is a great word.

1 Like
  1. These issues are the first time in awhile that Damian and Tim have interacted. Do you see any differences in how Damian treats Tim in these issues versus how he treated him before?

He’s not trying to immediately kill Tim as he did before, which is progress! I think in general he’s given Tim a little more respect than he did before – doesn’t stop Damian from giving Tim loads of grief or smack talking him, but I think considering Tim’s previous and current confrontations with Damian’s grandfather, and the maturing he’s had while working with Dick has made him realize that Tim can be relied on when necessary. That’s probably part of why he was so affected by Tim’s “other side” of the Hit List.

1. Damian was disappointed that his grandfather only sent a ninja after him (and Batman as well) during the Collusion storyline. Why do you think he was disappointed?

I think like what was established in “Batman Vs Robin,” Damian wants to be a worthy adversary to his grandfather. So sending only a few ninja to take him and Dick out? The same amount he would for some of the civilians? Insulting.

1. Damian just wants Tim to know that he’s changed. Did you feel badly for him when he discovers that he is on Tim’s Hit List?

It’s definitely understandable – Tim is one of the Robins closest to having Bruce’s strategic mind, so having his own contingencies makes sense. I think Dick’s right in that Damian would have understood if it was anyone else and he wasn’t still raw from all the other family/trust issues he has.

1. Damian is understandably angry at the above discovery. How did you like the fight between Robin and Red Robin?

The fight was okay, I guess, but I think kind of unnecessary. I mean, it’s necessary in that the people who write/edit/publish these stories want to have at least one fight scene per issue. I think there’s also a component of giving Tim fans a thrill in taking Damian down a peg or two, understandably still raw from what Damian did to Tim in “Son of Batman.” I just think the confrontation in the Bunker sufficed in terms of the necessary character drama.

2 Likes