Rose Wilson= Superhero, officially?

Quite the character in live action Titans tv show! Wondered if DC would expand Ravenger, aka Rose Wilson, as a freelance superhero take? And tag-team with Katana (Suicide Squad), Casandra Cain (Batman family) and the Atom, aka Ryan Choi as a coping support group of Asian Americans. But, bottom line, I love the idea of rose being Asian American and should be highlighted as much as Harley Quinn, in a dark sadistic anti-hero. Although, that would be another dynamic duo: Harley & Ravenger! A take from Batman & Superman dynamic antics! Thoughts???

2 Likes

She had her own story arch in the Teen Titans run, hit was called “Fresh Hell”, which is a brilliant story. I personally would love her to become part of Red Hood And The Outlaws, she would fit in perfect there.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Rose no matter what. Never been so attracted to a girl with an eye patch.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the heads up dude! I’m always down to look up old comics; only problem- when was it released? Rebirth? New 52? Before death of Superman? Pre-Crisis event? I definitely stop looking for certain comics before the 60s because the art isn’t up to par to today’s exciting dynamics as well as its writing- epic storytelling nowadays that it’s hard to catch up with all of it. Bottom line: thanks for the suggestion! My only qualm is seeing Asian American Superheroes hanging out with each other to support their exposure and boost interest! Anyways, as to your suggestion for Rose Wilson tag team with the Red Hood & the Outlaws— that’s a good point and agree completely. It would bring the question: is Ravenger an Alpha-hero or Beta-hero in an “Omega” type team (ie leader? Follower? Loner?)? The Birds of Prey couldn’t do worse with Rose in the mix, yet she would be the only Asian in the group; the idea is culture identity and I think it’s high time to highlight such topics. Thoughts?

I’m not the guy you’re replying to, but I’m fairly sure the Rose storyline in question takes place in the 2003 Teen Titans comic series, so pre-52, post death of Superman.

It was around 2009 that it came out. It will be on here to read, so you might have to Google to see which issues it was. Rose has been on the side of a villain before, especially at the beginning of Geoff Johns’s Teen Titans run, but deep down I think she’s wanting to be a good a good person, but slightly steps over the mark sometimes, just like Jason Todd does.

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about! The other guy mentioned just that but said it would be good to tag team with the outlaws. Thanks for the heads up! I got some reading to do! Can’t wait!

1 Like