Rocksteady Confirms They’re Working on a Suicide Squad Game!

After years of speculation, we’ve finally got confirmation on Rocksteady’s next project!

What’s more is that we’ll definitely be getting more info at Fandome. I’ve been missing them so much since Arkham Knight, and with the insane amount of potential that the Suicide Squad brings, I can’t wait to see what they bring to the table with this game!

16 Likes

I mean, I’m going to keep an open mind – Marvel’s Avengers looks fun, their crappy exclusive stuff aside – but we’re going to have to temper our expectations and understand this is not going to be just the Knight games with characters like Deadshot and Harley.

3 Likes

I’m so behind on video games- haven’t sat down and finished one in years. What does “games as a service” mean…?

4 Likes

Basically it’s a game that’s never fully over – constant updates and seasons, which are paid for usually by season passes or microtransactions.

Examples of it are games like Destiny, The Division, Call of Duty Warzone, Overwatch, and Marvel’s The Avengers.

It sounds great on the surface, and some of those games are legit solid games with a good fanbase, but sometimes they can get really predatory with their transactions.

6 Likes

I understand that we still barely know anything about the game, but I also don’t think we should let rumors kill any excitement just yet. I’m not putting any stock in stuff like that until we actually hear details straight from the source

3 Likes

Sure, it’s all still rumor, but that rumor was also from a journalist who’s batting averages on rumors are really solid (he called Fallout 76, for example). But definitely, I’m not giving up on the game just for that, and I’m going to give it a fair shake.

I’m sure it’ll be fine (though constantly having to pay for updates sounds like straight up bs) but the only thing that would get me legit excited for a new video game is one based on Superman. It’s been close to 30 years since the disaster that was Superman 64. Time to rectify that and give him a great game.

2 Likes

A Suicide Squad Game!!! Oh Boy!!! I’m Ready! DC FanDome Seems To Be Shaping Up Quite Nicely :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I just want it to have Captain Boomerrgan to be playible.

3 Likes

Hero shooters & Battle Royale games are nearing their peak of popularity I’d say, and if rumors are true we may expect this to be some form or combination of these game types. I’m down as long as characters aren’t locked behind a paywall.

2 Likes

many people point out Superman on the poster meaning it could be a Suicide Squad Kills The Justice League type of game or something BUT does anyone else notice the scars on Superman’s face? Bizarro maybe???

3 Likes

Suicide Sqad game is enough to make me buy a gaming system. I basically bought and XBOX for Injustice2, so it’s par for the course. Very Excited

3 Likes

I remember several years ago, there was a rumor about a Squad game similar to Borderlands in the works. But it didn’t get very far. So this will be intriguing.

And glad we’re starting to branch out away from just Batman games though! DC has a great roster, they should use it!

1 Like

Rocksteady Studios creator of 3 of the 4 acclaimed Arkham games that brought the Batman to life in the video game world are back.

This morning they posted this picture which looks to be Superman with the Suicide Squad logo near his head. Possibly meaning the Suicide Squad BW Justice League game rumors being true. Or could this be Bizzaro as I’ve scene some say maybe as a new member of the squad? Seems like a stretch but who knows.

We’ll just have to wait until FanDome to find out.

What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

I’m personally excited… that’s all I have to say :rofl:

Edit: also, to me it kind of looks like more Superman… but bizzaro would be totally radical!

4 Likes

It’s nice to see them spotlight other characters than the bat. Suicide Squad isn’t what I would have wanted personally. I would have been happier if it was that fan-made arrowverse game to be honest. :yum:

It depends when it is released and what the competition is. The next year or two I have too many games lined up that I’d rather play to have the time for it, but who knows - some games are revealed years before release. Also hard to say anything for sure with this info.

4 Likes

:pleading_face:
Yeah it is nice that they’re making a game that isn’t just another batman game but i wish they woulda picked anything else besides sucide squad. I’ll still play it regardless, just a little less excited now.

3 Likes

I keep seeing this Bizarro rumor, he’s my favorite “villain” of all time but I really don’t think that’s him. People speculation comes from the face but if you look at man of steel, superman gets these black veins around his eyes when he uses heat vision so I really don’t think it’s cracks in his face, or he could be mind controlled by someone and that’s just a visual indicator. I also can’t recall off the top of my head any version of Bizarro having the spit curl.

3 Likes

Ummm what does Superman have to do with suicide squad lol

Well if reports are to be believed, the full title of the game is apparently gonna be “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.” Regardless of whether or not that’s true, it does seem like the Squad’s gonna be going after Superman in some capacity (or maybe Bizarro?)

2 Likes