:renegade_robins: Robin Rises Omega/ June 2021:renegade_robins:

When we last left off Bruce has worked through his grief and accepted the death of his son but Ra’s, as ever, has other far more devious plans for both Damian and his mother, Talia. This last monthly session of the Robin Rises Event here @RenegadeRobinsClub will focus on how Batman and the rest of the family come together despite their differences to rescue one of their own.

To join us at RENEGADE ROBINS please be sure to hit the link!

What to Read

*Robin Rises Omega
* Batman & Robin 33-37
* Robin Rises Alpha

As has been the norm I will be posting discussion questions every Sunday starting on Sunday June 6th.You are also welcome to just talk about the issues or any of the past issues in this event if you wish.

Coming up in July:

Damian + Super Powers= Trouble.

6 Likes

Omega certainly has a lot of “Last Time on Grant Morrison’s Batman” going on…

(And “Last Time on Tomasi’s B&R,” but who cares? :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I cares?!:pleading_face:

2 Likes

Okay, then: speak up and say nice things about the story! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I’m probably just gonna gripe about it some more, per usual. :wink: )

2 Likes

We’re talking about the Tomasi run right?

1 Like

Cause I have the entire Omnibus! :grin:

1 Like

Yep. Prolly be a lot of complaining from the both of us. :stuck_out_tongue: Personally I don’t really care for much of Tomasi’s Batman work generally speaking.

Now of you want to get into his work with the Super Sons that’s a whole nother story. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s strange to compare the two runs. I guess he does much better with a son who’s supposed to have super powers. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was actually going to have a session were we would have a discussion were we could do a comparison between the two runs once we get into Super Sons in October.

2 Likes

I like this plan!!!

2 Likes

I thought you might @Behemoth.

2 Likes

Okay here is my first complaint for this storyline and its the rehash of the ‘complete history of Damian Wayne in a nutshell’.

I know Tomasi may have been rehashing everything there for those that might be new to comics or to Batman but I would have liked a bit more panel time for the actual story here instead.

What do you folks think?

1 Like

So here we go with our first set of questions @RenegadeRobinsClub.

1. So Bats and Ra’s call a temporary truce to fight Glorious Godfreid Guess when it comes to his son Bruce would team up with anyone. What did you think of their brief team up?

2. Damian loves his pets so it was nice to see Titus fighting the good fight and attempting to defend his boy. In fact it was nice to see all his pets again in these issues. So do you like Damian’s zoo crew or do you think he has too many pets?

Bonus Question:

What do you think his next pet should be?

2 Likes

Damian has the best pets!

2 Likes

That is one of the things I like about Damian. He does have a great love of animals and through his interactions with them we get to see a softer side to him. Plus who doesn’t love this guy who we will be seeing very soon.

1 Like

Here’s a couple of more questions for you @RenegadeRobinsClub.

1. What did you think of Lex’s involvement in allowing Bruce to access the Hell Bat suit?

2. And next on the “Let’s disobey Batman” show seems Babs , Tim and Jason didn’t take to kindly to be given what amounts to guard duty when there’s a rescue afoot. What did you think of their plan to join in on Bruce’s rescue attempt?|

3 Likes

And it’s time for another set of questions @RenegadeRobinsClub so here we go.

Did any of you have a favorite part or panel?

• Do you think Batman’s plan for resurrecting Damian was a good one?
3 Likes

Eh, it worked.

1 Like

I thought it was a bit crazy to be honest and perhaps a bit over the top. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Par for the course in this story arc. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like