Robert Venditi is the New Justice League Writer!

DC just announced that Robert Venditi (Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps) will take over for Scott Snyder as the new writer of Justice League! Venditi had an incredible Green Lantern run so I’m positive he’ll do the same for JL.

Also. Doug Mahnke is drawing it!! Mahnke is a powerhouse artist known for some pretty big books so it’s clear that DC wants to keep JL just as big even with Snyder gone.

5 Likes

Nice. I’ve read a couple of arcs in HJAGLC, and I thought they were great. I’m planning on going back and reading the rest of his run soon. I’m not sure how the latest Justice League faired, but the original runs of JL and JLA in the Rebirth era we’re pretty rough. Glad to here it’s in better hands now.

Justice League got a lot better under Scott Snyder, but I think Venditti’s an inspired replacement. He definitely killed it on Hal and Pals and is still doing so on Hawkman, so this is a great step up. Now we just wait to see what Snyder’ll be doing post-JL

2 Likes

Im good with this, lookin forward to a breather after snyder’s mega storyline. Same with batman.

1 Like

Yes to Venditti and yes to Mahnke.

Sounds like Justice League will be interesting again.

2 Likes

I completely enjoyed Venditi’s run on Hawkman and Mahnke’s art is constantly some of the best around. A fine team for a team title.

2 Likes

Loved his Green Lantern run. His Hawkman is currently DC’s best book. Greatly looking forward to his new Justice League assignment.

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about Venditi. His Flash was awful but his GL run was good. As long as it’s better than Hitch’s JL I’ll be happy

1 Like

I’ve been pretty meh on Snyder’s run. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read from Venditi so this is a plus.

1 Like

Wow are you serious?!?! This is the first I’m hearing this and if it’s true then I’m definitely excited Robert venditti is up there as one of my favorite writers and is killing it on Hawkman and let’s not forget freedom fighters!

3 Likes

Both Green Lantern and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps were good runs.

2 Likes

I hope these good writers like Snyder and Venditi will be writing the Black Label books and stay far away from the 5G crap I have not heard of a Justice League book for Black Label yet I hope we get one once the 5G crap starts.

2 Likes