Robert Pattinson cast as Batman for Matt Reeves movie

Just confirmed. Here is an article from Variety: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/

Why though?

2 Likes

Has it been confirmed by WB or DC yet?

1 Like

Not yet. Every news site is reporting it and its being said they his deal is close to being done. I am assuming they will announce it tomorrow or next week.

Not mad at it. Matt Reeves said he wanted a younger batman. Pattinson was good as Cedric in Harry Potter.

Reeves did a really good job with the Planet of the Apes trilogy, I have faith in what he will do with Batman.

3 Likes

Just to preempt anyone who brings up Twilight:
Chill. He hated those movies just as much as we do. Reserve your anger for Stephanie Meyer and let the man have a genuine acting career.

This is not confirmed. The actor that currently plays Beast in the Xmen movies is also still in talks.

1 Like

@valor247: Kelsey Grammer is gonna be Batman, too? Boy, Frasier’s been busy these days…

2 Likes

Don’t look at Twilight, look at his performance in Harry Potter

2 Likes

His acting in Twilight was fine and this is coming from someone who hates those films. He was not the issue by far. His acting was fine in other films like Water for Elephants and Little Ashes. He has predominantly done more serious roles since Twilight. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the role.

2 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern
“I’m a humane man, but right now I could kick a kitten through an electric fan”
-Fraiser
The only Batman we need.

2 Likes

Something to note is that it’s not wholely confirmed YET. Apparently Deadline is reporting that Pattison and another actor (who I guess played Tolkien in the recent biopic movie) are on the short list.

That said, if it is Pattison, from what I understand he’s had a lot of strong movies since his Twilight era, and he’s starring in the next Christopher Nolan movie, and that guy doesn’t cast bad actors. So…not who I would first go with, but hey, I could say that for a LOT of superhero performances over the years, so…I’m willing to be convinced.

2 Likes

What do you get when Frasier fights Poison Ivy and Penguin?

Tossed salads and scrambled eggs

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I dont like his face or look. #NotMyBatman

Deja Vu from when DiCaprio was rumored for Anakin and fanboys got antsy over that.

To say nothing of the uproar over Keaton…

#givethemachance

2 Likes

Batman’s most important facial feature is his chin and Pattinson’s is pointier than is my preference, but I’m willing to see what he does with the character

2 Likes

Vampire Batmam, spread the word well there’s still time before sunset

Edward was not a f***ing vampire.

1 Like

Ive already gotten flagged and a warning so im not going to insult Batdans sexuality right now but LOL at that response. I hate to be so quick to dismiss the casting then im even salty because hes not American lol im biased i must admit. I care too much about the character. Im just gonna say i dont approve,hope many others do the same and then hope they go all Sonic the hedghog and fold to the mass critisism.