Road To The Flash Premiere Watch-Along: Batman Returns, Friday, June 9th at 5 PM Pacific/8 Eastern

WAL time DCUI peeps! :smiley: As we draw nearer to Michael Keaton’s long awaited return to the cowl in this summer’s eagerly anticipated WB film The Flash

… Super Cool @Vroom and I are continuing our roll out to the big moment with our Batman Returns WAL set for this Friday. :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992:

Queue up B-Man Returns on the interwebz here:

WAL go time is at 8:PM EST/5:PM PST this Friday. We would totally love it if y’all could join us! :smiley:

7 Likes

I thought Christmas in July was in July…

5 Likes

Everyone from the @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club, @JusticeLeagueBookClub and beyond is invited to join the Resplendent @DC89 and I as we finish our countdown to…drumroll, please…:00_flash1: The Flash :00_flash1:!

Bring a bowl of sugartastic Batman Returns-brand cereal too (or improvise and toss together a bowl of Chex and Lucky Charms), as this promises to be one “su-weet” (to quote the movie that followed Returns) time with the Bat, the Cat and the Penguin!

:batman_hv_5: :catwoman_hv_2: :penguin_smirkhqtas:

6 Likes

BManRcereal
:00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1992:

9 Likes

:heart_eyes:

9-year-old me just Hoovered that stuff down every day before heading off to school. I still vividly remember the taste of it too and it was sugarriffic!

More often than not, I had two bowls every Saturday, while watching Saturday morning cartoons.

My Batman Returns toys waited in the distance for me to finish, so that I could further ignite my imagination and creativity with them after I’d stuffed myself with a fine, fine DC-based sugar fix.

If Cap’n Crunch is basically the Batman cereal, I do wonder how a half and half (How much? “Uh, half.” :joker_hv_1:) bowl of Chex and Lucky Charms would compare to the Batman Returns cereal.

Me thinks I should yoink some cereal this weekend, put on my Mr. Wizard coat and experiment, Beakman-style!

5 Likes

A while back one of the regulars at my Chicago LCS told me that he was able to get close to the original B-Man Reurns flavor by mixing the choco Chex with the Lucky Charms marshmallows. :+1:

6 Likes

Dare I indulge my inner-Bill Nye and experiment?

sits back and looks into the blanket of stars in Gotham’s night sky as he ponders

Yes! I think I shall experiment, for…“Tonight’s a good night.”…is what I’ll say in the weeks ahead, as I still need to woof down the eeny-teeny remainders of my Superman and Batman oatmeal from weeks back.

Then I shall pick-up Choco Chex and Lucky Charms…and Cap’n Crunch.

That way, if my BR cereal experiment’s a bust, I can rely on good 'ol Batman…er, Cap’n Crunch.

SN: Cereal at 1 AM sounds so good right now, especially since my tastebuds are alive with perfect childhood memories of Batman and Batman Returns numminess.

starts thinking about the Ninja Turtles cereal he had as a kid

The early '90s childhood cereal sugar rush is real! :laughing:

Thank Hera there was no cereal for The Pirates of Dark Water*, at least.

*There wasn’t…right?

5 Likes

LittleSis89’s fave.

TNMT
Big TNMT fan growing up.

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

5 Likes

My most fave scene from B-Man Returns here:

“Things change.”

5 Likes

The lady has good taste, as I too was a Turtles fan…until '93.

sees the Vanilla Ice gif

Ruh-roh Raggy, I know what I’m going to go jam out to.

:notes: “Go ninja, go ninja, go!” :notes:

4 Likes

We never got cold cereal for breakfast when I was growing up, it was actual breakfast: crepes, pancakes, eggs, actual (not instant) oatmeal, etc. Nowadays, all I usually have is granola or cold cereal but nothing as processed as General Mills. Don’t get me wrong, I do have eggs regularly (meaning about once a week), and oatmeal once in a while as well, and even will make pancakes. But it’s far too much production for breakfast, just making coffee can be a chore.

I supposed if I didn’t live alone, I’d be making pancakes from scratch more often, the last time I did that more than once in a month, it was because I had both leftover blueberries and another recent time, leftover organic pumpkin puree. Both of which made delicious pancakes!

4 Likes

I remember the scene of Batman saying “What do you want?” being used at the end of a McDonald’s TV spot, during their Batman Returns promotion.

I never went to McDonald’s much during their Returns gig, but I made up for it during their Batman Forever spread.

Elsewhere, I remember “You don’t think you’ll really win, do you?” being used to promote Tiger’s handheld Batman Returns video game on the back cover of many DC books that came out during the summer of '92.

I had Tiger’s Batman game, but never got Batman Returns.

Last year, select Tiger handhelds were re-released, but sadly, neither Batman or Batman Returns were among the lot.

4 Likes

Yay! I am so looking forward to this. It’s been years since I’ve seen Batman Returns.

4 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Selina and Bruce here in the artwork from the collector’s soda cups series released by McDonald’s during The Summer of Batman Returns1992.

McDonald’s B-Man Returns food tray promo sheet here-

5 Likes

5 Likes

Big DC89 playlist fave here- from the Batman Returns soundtrack Siouxsie And The Banshees’ Summer 1992 hit single Face To Face

5 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:00_batman_1989: :0_catwoman:

3 Likes

I used to have the Batman cup and mini-Frisbee. Unfortunately, they got lost several moves ago.

4 Likes

:catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1:

4 Likes