Riddle Me This - Joker's Demise

Greetings plebs and nitwits,

I have returned for another bout of Trivia Tuesday!

Today’s conundrum to penetrate your cranium is about our good friend, Oswald Cobblepot and that sniveling cop that is buddies with the bat. Have fun!

Oh I almost forgot, If you don’t know how this works (I am ashamed and disappointed as you should by now), every Tuesday I will be presenting you with a Riddle to challenge your puny minds. Remember the rules - No cheating or Googling. If you can answer the first riddle, a second will follow suit in the comments below.

Here we go…

“Let’s return to the crime scene”, said Commisoner Gordon. Both Gordon and a handcuffed Penguin drove to an abandoned office building in Gotham’s Industrial district. They walked down one of the several derelict corridors in the building and stopped in front of the eighth door on the left-hand side. The section has been cordoned off by the police. Commissioner Gordon removed the police tape and pulled the door open. They entered the poorly ventilated room and Oswald started to retell his story.
“Joker was tr ying to kill me,” said Cobblepot. He got out of Arkham last week after serving five years. The Bat caught him after we botched that bank heist. I swear Joker had been planning on killing me while he was inside. He had told me that once he’s released from Arkham, he will be after my blood. He warned me never to let him see me. Unfortunately, he saw me in the streets here in Gotham. He started chasing me, so I instinctively ran into this old office building. This building must be about 30 years old, abandoned and dirty. There are so many rooms in this building, I didn’t think he would be able to find me here. I hid in this room we’re in now, and my worst nightmare came true when I saw the doorknob slowly turn. As the door started swinging towards me, I panicked and shot him. I didn’t mean to kill him, I swear! I was so scared he would harm me so I shot him out of self-defense!"
Commissioner Gordon turned towards the Penguin and said “It wasn’t self-defense, it was pre-meditated murder! Your story is fabricated and you will be charged with murder”.

How did Gordon know Oswald was lying?

4 Likes

Hello, Mr. Nygma!

3 Likes

This is a tough one…

3 Likes

The door wouldn’t swing inside the room, it has to be pulled open

5 Likes

Good morning, Behemoth. Ravenlord!

4 Likes

@Awesome.Squid, how did you do that? Really? I can’t believe it!

4 Likes

Maybe this one will get you

I’m part of a bird that never flies, I float on a lake, but always stays dry. What am I?

2 Likes

@The Riddler A reflection?

3 Likes

Not what I had in mind, but a very good answer.

2 Likes

You are a strange man, abfgmsw. I like it, we should hang out!

3 Likes

Keep trying my friend, practice makes perfect (unless you are Oswald - he is awful).

2 Likes

If his was a very good answer, it might be along those lines.

2 Likes

Would you care to elaborate, Behemoth?

1 Like

I don’t know, something similar to a reflection. What is similar to a reflection?

2 Likes

It’s shadow is correct, good job!

2 Likes

I agree, abf

3 Likes

Shadows do not fly, gentlemen.

2 Likes

My head was stuck on “mirror” for whatever weird reason.

3 Likes

I am going to post another longer one here. Behemoth you were very good at the last one, lets see how this goes. Remember no cheating!

3 Likes

There are 4 friends, Jason (A gamer), Luke (A motorcycle enthusiast), Richard (A vegan animal rights activist) and Dylan (A horror movie fanatic). The four friends are convinced one of their girlfriends is cheating on them and ask one of their other friends, Kevin, to find out which one of the girls it is.

Kevin asks the 4 girlfriends what they did the night before and the girls give the following statements:
Lauren (Jason’s girlfriend) - Said she was working at her job to raise money for a new gaming system Jason had been after. She said she should be able to afford it within 3 days.
Courtney (Luke’s girlfriend) - Said she was out shopping, looking for a leather jacket for Luke’s birthday. She said she was able to find one and already has it gift wrapped.
Gemma (Richard’s girlfriend) - Said she was cooking dinner for herself and Richard for that night. She said she was making gelatin for dessert when Richard called to say he couldn’t make it.
Emily (Dylan’s girlfriend) - Said she was looking through her movie collection for some horror movies to binge watch with Dylan later tonight. She said she couldn’t find any that Dylan hadn’t already seen.

Kevin realizes one of the girls is lying and the liar is cheating.

Which girlfriend is cheating?

1 Like