Resurrecting bystanders

Since villains and heroes are constantly being resurrected, should there be a hero whose job is just to bring people back who happened to be in, say, Metropolis during an alien invasion and got crushed. I think if you know which afterlife they went to you should bring people back from DCU hell so they have a chance to change their ways. Thougjts?

2 Likes

*thoughts

Assuming that hundreds of people die during an attack, it would be too much to bring bystanders back from the died. The idea of bring the people that ended up in hell back sounds good but only from one perspectives, the person that died. They will be happy that they have a second chance at fixing their wrongs. And to bring only the people that are in hell back wouldn’t be fair to the families whose loved ones ended up in heaven. Why should some families be reunited with their loved ones because they did bad the first time around while others have to continue to grieve and learn to move on? Also majority of the time when characters die and come back they don’t come back the same. They will need time to adjust back to their normal selves again.

The reason I wouldn’t bring back the good ones is because it seems like a better place than Earth, what happens if it’s so much better that they get mad at you and kill you and go to hell even though they would have stayed good and gone to heaven. I seem to remember a very old comic where a villain was a normal person who wanted to kill a hero because they came back from the dead but their family member was caught in the crossfire and stayed dead.

1 Like

I thought of a hero when I was in high-school (2009) named La-Zar. He was of an instellar tribe known as the Quons. The tribe all possessed knowledge and abilities of resurrection and healing. The tribe believed that once a person leaves the material plane… They begin a new journey. La-Zar was stillborn, but his father brought him back. The process altered La-Zar’s appearance. His hair was white and his eyes red.

Cast out of the tribe his parents settled on Earth under the surname Hurion. Lazlo Hurion (La-Zar) since childhood has had the ability to resurrect the dead. His power is limited to the recently deceased.

*That’s all I have. I used to have a colored Left, Right, Front, Back and perspective view of him. I guess I lost it moving.

Sounds cool. Why don’t you take another stab at it and post it!

2 Likes

That’s a really cool idea! I think you should definitely develop this into something.

2 Likes

I’ll try to make a quick sketch.

1 Like

@portalman Try taking what you’ve got up there and give it a standard jeopardy plot, and then standard drama plot-- just so you can see how it hangs together.

2 Likes