Report: Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle Movie!

https://www.thewrap.com/angel-manuel-soto-blue-beetle-latino-superhero-dc-warner-bros/

12 Likes

Hopefully Blue Beetle will look a whole lot better then his Smallville appearance.:slightly_smiling_face: Can’t wait to see it.

6 Likes

Wow between the news of a Latina playing Supergirl and now this it feels like there’s finally some progress in representation of Latinos in these mainstream superhero film properties. Nice.

Marvel’s also setting up their Young Avengers roster of young heroes it’d be prettty cool if DC starts that too I mean Static Shock’s in the works and Batgirl :eyes:

9 Likes

yeah, it seemed like Latinx representation was so overlooked for so long and now it’s all happening at once!

oh and as a Doom Patrol Club representative i am required by law to note Diane Guerrero Crazy Jane also because i love her

8 Likes

Hoping new Blue Beetle book returns soon!

7 Likes

Kind of sorry it seems we may never get a live action Ted Kord Blue Beetle… don’t get me wrong if I was at DC I would make the call to do Jaime Reyes, and it is cool that the character has become so semi-mainstream now. But man too bad Ted Kord will likely be overlooked due to that.

But this is great news, I love Jaime and love that most likely Blue Beetle’s name will only become bigger. Here is hoping they do him justice.

2 Likes

All we know at the moment is that Jaime is for sure in the film. Given his origin, it’s still possible for Ted to be involved some how. Maybe holding a mentor-like role to look up to.

All that said, I’m super pumped for this film and I’m definitely a fan of the director they chose. It’s nice to be excited for DC films again.

5 Likes

I agree with @OmniLad, I can see Ted being part of Jaime’s ensemble. Maybe even Dan Garret! I don’t see how they wouldn’t follow the path set by Spiderverse to some extent, which could mean mentors and big universes!

4 Likes

Maybe they could make a JLI movie or something. Maybe Wonder Woman’s 1984 could have inspired a rehabilitated Maxwell Lord, and he could maybe put together a team when he’s an old man, where Ted Kord could be featured.

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:. Just think how cool they could Make the scarab move and look in live action.

Also gets me curious will Booster pop up​:thinking:

2 Likes

That is a movie I would love to see.

4 Likes

Finally! This is fantastic news!

3 Likes

it just occurred to me that they might possibly maybe film stuff in Texas! Road triiiip @Behemoth

1 Like

Woooh!

1 Like

I am more excited about this than the Flash movie. Don’t get me wrong I love the Flash, I just don’t believe in the actors or director to actually do a good Flash movie.

With Blue Beetle there is a lot more room for creativity in the story telling. Jamie does not have a long 70+ year continuity to mess with. It can just be guy gets crazy alien tech merged to his back and hijinks ensues.

3 Likes

Its what they should have done in WW84

2 Likes

I a hundred percent agree. I personally think that Jamie is one of DC’s most underrated character. Maybe this will also lead to some kind of cross over with Booster Gold, DC’s other extremely underrated character.

3 Likes

I didn’t see the “to direct” part initially and I thought that he was playing Jamie Reyes. I was thinking “Wow, they aged him a bit!” :joy:

I’m all for lesser known heroes getting their due, how very exciting! I do hope Ted is involved in some way. I think legacy is a huge part of the DC mythos. It would be great if the movies picked that up.

3 Likes

the way DC movies seem to be going, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got Ted, Booster, Superboy, Uncle Dudley, Atari Force

give us everybody, DC! All at once! We’re ready!

3 Likes

I’d put Ted in as already retired, and Dan as almost a myth. Can’t go wrong basing the movie on Jamie initial book.

3 Likes