[Renegade Robins: Event] Countdown to Final Crisis (July-Sept.)

I can appreciate your thoughts on the Challengers, but the team really never challenged anything. If it had been revealed that Bob had been causing ripples with his visits that would have ben cool and beefed up those (mostly one-shot Elseworlds visits. I think Countdown might have been better if the Challengers had not only visited those worlds but had experienced a lasting effect, like a Red Rain Harley Quinn or an Extremist good guy Circe or really anything that lasted beyond the “end with a whimper” 51 issue story. It was as if Dini and crew were shackled; the complete opposite of the character redefining of 52.

1 Like

They (and the book in general) certainly challenged my patience.

2 Likes

I think I just embraced the silliness of the concept more. As a fan of the Silver Age, I’m all for absurd stories that seemingly go nowhere and have no long-lasting consequences as long as they’re entertaining. Every once in a while, Countdown accomplished that.

1 Like

Did this ever happen? Cause I would a comprehensive list of connection issues

Not that I know of…

Oh ok…sorry to keep bothering you about countdown lol. But I’m actually searching right now for your original week by week post where you actually had listed the associated tie ins that went with the particular countdown issues that week. For example …
“Countdow 23-18”
“Coundown to adventure #5-7

Now this is just an example from my memory of reading it the other day. I can’t seem to find the same post I was looking at that day (2/17/22)

Yeah, If you look at what we were reading that week and compare it to the weekly update posts, you can find all of the tie-ins for those issues.

I apologize…I’m fairly new to this part of DC universe infinite so I’m still figuring out how to navigate it properly. I’m actually having trouble just getting to those particular post.

1 Like