Remembering Neal Adams

With the recent loss of Neal Adams, we at DC wanted to take a moment to recognize his work and his legacy within the comics industry.

As one of the most acclaimed comics artists in history, Neal’s iconic work touched the lives of countless comics readers, through stunning art of Batman, Green Lantern, and many more of our favorite heroes.

To honor him, let’s share our favorite covers and panels from the legend that is Neal Adams. What are your favorites of his works?

22 Likes

No better cover before or since this. Rip Neal Adams

10 Likes

This is my all time favorite Neal Adams cover, in part because it is the first comic book I remember reading.

8 Likes

That is a great cover! It’s neat that the first comic you remember was by Neal Adams. I’m sure you’re not even close to being the only person that’s true of.

7 Likes

Awesome variant Cover for Daredevil #1 by Mark Waid made by Neal

6 Likes

His cover for Deadman #1 (2017) is my favorite cover of all-time because it glows-in-the-dark.

Neal Adams Deadman cover

6 Likes

x. Merci Neal .x

:white_heart: :candle: :pensive:

4 Likes

My fave is easily Batman #244.

And while, he did not do the cover art of this trade paperback, it was my first exposure to his work, when I found a copy at my favorite childhood used bookstore:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Liefeld joins Piskor and Rugg they flip through Superman vs Ali and geek out over Neal Adams.

3 Likes

Thank You Neal Adams for sharing your great many Talents and standing up for the comic artists and creators. You will be truly missed. It was always a pleasure seeing you at NYCC and I will treasure the pieces you had signed for me… You will greatly be missed. Thoughts and prayers… You are now immortalized with the great ones in Heaven.

3 Likes