remember the Warner brothers store?

Do you guys remember the Warner Bros store they used to be in malls and that were awesome so much DC merch we should try to get WB to bring it back I loved that place

8 Likes

Yeah, I remember that was back in the 90’s. They have had any brick and mortar stores since 2001, but I tgere there are some in China. Right now, they have an online presence on the Internet.

3 Likes

When I get a time machine I’m gonna stop there first. This is the last thing Hitler will ever see

il-340x270-1922783748-kjtw.jpg

4 Likes

You… kinda just warned him. Or is that Warnered him? Yes, Warner Bros was a favorite store-- but it never had everything in the ads like the Hollywood store.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few Bat-related statues from over the years before it closed. I remember picking up Catwoman at one shop many miles away, as it was closing.

2 Likes

Oh yes, the WB Studio Stores were an amazing place.

Singer Belinda Carlisle was said to be seen shopping there often. She was oft heard to say “Heaven is a place on Earth called the Warner Brothers Studio Store.”

Wbshop.com is how the concept has existed for the last 18 +/- years. The WB store on the WB studio lot captures the aesthetic of the chain store quite well (as it should).

I’d like to see the WB stores attempt a come back. Yes, physical retail is a gamble, but if Disney Stores are still alive and kicking, there’s no reason WB couldn’t at least try a WB Studio Store revival.

With DC, Looney Tunes, Harry Potter, assorted other brands, next year’s HBO Max and the like, there’s no shortage of brands and merch that could fill up WB stores today.

Below is a photo of just one part of the DC section from the store that’s on the WB lot.

IMG_9759-e1546985210575.jpg

4 Likes

@Vroom: “I’d like to see the WB stores attempt a come back. Yes, physical retail is a gamble, but if Disney Stores are still alive and kicking, there’s no reason WB couldn’t at least try a WB Studio Store revival.”

Hey, there are plenty of empty spaces around where I live. Bunch of business closing over the past ten years or so. If the Toys or Us building is too big, there’s a smaller option a stone’s throw away, where an old Office Max used to be, right next to the old KMart.

2 Likes

@Mr_Morbach Exactly. There’s also holes in malls that I’m sure WB could score a deal on.

Of course, said holes are likely why WB hasn’t tried to reboot the Studio Store concept. From an investment perspective, I don’t blame them on not bringing the WBSS back.

The WB Shop site is nice and all, but just think of how cool it’d be to see DCU merch on a store shelf. Mannequins with DCU shirts on, TVs playing ads for DCU, buying a stuffed Doom Patrol donkey, etc.

3 Likes

WB needs to partner with a retailer that’s still relatively healthy to manage/operate the stores. Hot Topic seems to be doing well, but they to close a competitor. Someone like Maurice’s, not selling same type of merch but has expertise in operating retail in this environment. Plus, WB did this pre-superhero cultural domination

1 Like

…No one is going to talk about @biff_pow killing Hitler wearing a Daffy Duck hat? Okay.

Anyway, I have a distinct memory of the commercial playing on my videotape of Batman '89. “You can’t watch a Warner Brothers movie without a Warner Brothers ballcap!”

…God I feel old.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay Check this out:

https://youtu.be/XmhvN01SGWo

2 Likes

I’d think it’d be more fun to kill Hitler with the Daffy Duck hat.

3 Likes

@Mr_Morbach There’s no noise quite as blissful as the muffled “neins” of Hitler being smothered by a Daffy Duck hat.

3 Likes

“Why use the visor? Why not use a knife?”
“The visor is dull, you twit! It’ll hurt more!”

2 Likes

Ok this project is now a team effort, you guys have strong ideas

@Jay_Kay “that’s NECK ties!”

1 Like

How about we get him very close to death, then go away so he thinks he’s free. But then we carefully arrange circumstances so that he runs into Daffy Duck everywhere.

Walking down the street? BOOM, kid with a Daffy Duck backpack

Watching a movie? BOOM, trailer featuring Daffy Duck

Washing hands? BOOM, Daffy Duck hand towel

Getting a snack? BOOM, Daffy Duck fruit snacks

We keep triggering his Daffy Duck PTSD until he’s nothing more than a broken shell of a man. And one night, when he’s shivering in bed, trying to get the visions of ducks out of his head, we break into his room dressed as Daffy Ducks. We surround the bed. He’s crying now, but can’t bring himself to scream. Then one of us slowly takes out the hat. He knows what’s coming… and there’s nothing he can do but accept his fate.

2 Likes

And as the designated hatman closes in on the helpless, trembling Adolf, he whispers,

“You’re dethpicable”

3 Likes

Someone call Stupor Duck!

He needs something to do.

2 Likes

@Vroom If that something is killing Hitler with a hat then I’m sure we’d all be happy to have him

1 Like

I think we should dress up like different superheroes (Marvel ones, too) and for each costume punch Hitler in the face before the hat does him in.
Also, I’m digging the tangent this thread has taken.

1 Like