Red Son Superman

I had some of my DC figures stored at my Dad’s place for years that I completly forgot about and he recently brought them to my house…Red Son Superman, welcome home lol!

13 Likes

Very, very cool.

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

That’s cool! I’ve actually never seen that figure!

3 Likes

It’s an amazing sculpt…but the face looks really weird…not a fan… but love the rest of him!

2 Likes

@Kryptonian_Batman1986 that is a nice figure. There are loads of figures that I have passed up over the years that I need to get my hands on…

2 Likes

Yeah, I love the bodies on the DC Direct and wish they articulated more (in the way that the Bermejo body from the DC Collectible lines doesn’t articulate as much as the MTS re-release, but still articulates more than your bog-standard DC Direct circa 2000s figures like this one). I also especially love the stand, and the details like the color scheme, although I am happy with my MTS mostly because - like you - I am not a fan of the face and that’s a big deal to me with collectibles.

You should post your collection somewhere!

Yeah, I was a bit more mad when I tried out eBay on this and have gotten more disciplined, but I’m glad it lead me to some things I never picked up which I’ve really come to love, like the DC Direct figures from the 2000s Superman/Batman run that match Ed McGuinness’ art style:

I now have multiples of this Supes, including the Future Superman, the Earth 11 Superwoman and Batwoman and a few others.

And the DC Direct Superman from the New Frontier run that is a good match for Darwyn Cooke’s art style is another great find, especially since I scored him for a good price, loose but with the film camera.

1 Like

Never seen that figure before, and yeah the face looks jacked up. Also weird that who ever made it decided to give the figure some blatant manhood. The weirdness of this figure is what I find cool.

I love the stand and the uniform.

1 Like