Red Hood BTAC

I love Batman the Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures so when I heard that they were making comics continuing it I was very excited, especially because of the fan favorite characters they are introducing. Here’s Red Hood, hoping to make one of Deathstroke and Azrael as well as some more BTAS villains eventually (I saw the recommendations on my BTAS Scarecrow art and I swear I’ll draw BTAS Catwoman @CynicalPink and BTAS Two-Face @KeyFamily one day!!).

9 Likes

Looks great!

9:22pm 8/5/2020

1 Like

Thanks so much @TheBatgirlofNML!!!

Nice use of illustrator! (I think that’s what you used.) I’m working on a little fan art now in the same program.

1 Like

Thank you @Angel.Azrael! I will certainly check out your fan art when you post it. I’ve actually never used Illustrator, although I’ve had many people guess that is what I use. I usually use Medibang or SketchBook. For this one I used SketchBook. Maybe I should check out illustrator though…

1 Like

Awesome™:+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the official trademarked awesome @NYJt3!

1 Like

As much as I look forward to my request, I really love this, too! I still don’t know Jason beyond the Red Hood movie, but I really like him. The moody background and color scheme is perfect for Jason in this piece!

1 Like

Sounds good @Broken-Knight! I’m really liking what you’ve made so far. It’s a bold choice to have a red background with the Red Hood but it works. Your design reminds me a lot of Beware the Batman’s animation style, which is super rare and unique. Great job and thank you for sharing (and thinking of us in this post)!

1 Like

Wow!! Love how you did the shading, and the background looks phenomenal!! Incredible work, BK!

1 Like

I just read issue 3 of the new Batman animated series comic and I have to say I really enjoy it and personally think it’s better than joker war. I know people will think I’m crazy for saying it but I think it the story is just that good.

When considering my praise you also have to realize that I don’t like comics that are intended towards young readers or have cartoon looking art and yet I still believe that about the series.

1 Like

Thanks for your compliments and patience @CynicalPink!

Thank you @KeyFamily! I really wanted to have the red sky from The New Batman Adventures even though the helmet was red, I’m happy that it worked out. I’ve never actually seen Beware the Batman except for some clips on YouTube, but now that I’ve looked it up I do see the similarities.

@WingsOfAether, good to see you and thank you! I’m hoping to add more shading that is similar to this one to my future art. Happy that you think the shading looks good.

@fishin4bass.66054, I am also more partial to this series than Joker War so far. But I have always liked the animated media a bit more than the comics in most regards.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite however I do enjoy how the Batman in the animated universe is very different than the one in the current dc universe. People throw around the term Bat God because Batman is so powerful in the DC universe but in the animated series universe he isn’t that. He’s a smart guy who’s a good detective but he isn’t the smartest guy, he isn’t the best fighter, he doesn’t have contingency plans for everything. Comics matter with ya boi Zack did a video about who Batman is and isn’t and he really nailed it. Batman has become bat god over the years and I don’t actually like it.

1 Like