Recommended Cartoon Content

I haven’t seen all these cartoons before that are on DCU. I watched a Justice League one that was a bit more adult than I expected. So any recommendations for which series you found enjoyable?

6 Likes

If you want a less adult cartoon, try Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It’s a less brooding Batman.

And you can also try Super Friends. It was a product of it’s time and it’s very cheesy.

9 Likes

Thank you! I suppose I don’t mind if it’s more adult. I didn’t see clear distinction between them when I was browsing so I thought I’d ask. How is the Haley Quinn series?

4 Likes

Yes, I highly recommend Harley Quinn series.

All of the animated series on here are great. Most people will recommend are Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond. It has the same tone as the Justice League.

6 Likes

Harley Quinn show is very vulgar and violent if you are into that kind of thing. Very goofy though so it is a light hearted affair for the most part.

You should also check our Static Shock if you enjoy quippy characters.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to watch characters I don’t normally watch. I saw Vibe was his own show.

5 Likes

Harley Quinn is great, very adult oriented so I wouldn’t watch around children but very comical.

4 Likes

BTAS and JL were my faves back in the day Batman Brave and The Bold is a nice change of pace HQ is guilty pleasure Fun! Teen Titans is a good blend of serious and sometimes goofy!

5 Likes

@ctrl.flirt.del- The Harley Quinn series is just such a blast to press the play button on- just fun times all the way. Bonus- there’s a super cool club here in the DCU where all of us HQ fans get together and WAL the episodes, share comic stuff, and share art/music dedicated to Harl. Click here for the deets- Topics tagged harleys-crew

Also- @E-Dot is definitely on the money with the recommendation for Batman: The Brave And The Bold. The series is an engaging reimagining of a number of B’Man’s stories from the Gold, Silver, and Bronze ages of DC comics and it’s a really fun watch. I dug it so much I bought all of the seasons on disc. Teen Titans is brimming with compelling storytelling as it reimagines a number of the Titans’ comic book-based adventures- mos def some great stuff there. If you’re interested in just straightforward LOL DC-based stuff you can’t go wrong with the Teen Titans follow up series Teen Titans GO- just so funny! Lastly, if you’ve got kiddos DC Superhero Girls (2019 version) offers a kiddo based take on Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Zatanna, Bumblebee, and Batgirl that adults can find some solid entertainment value in as well.

Alrighty then. Best of luck with your animated series watching adventures- definitely hoping you find something you like! :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

Green Lantern: the Animated Series is an exceptionally well done show. it aptly interweaves a spiritual nod to old DC romance comics in-between societal and geo-political issues along with good 'ol fashioned outer space adventuring.

Before a/t\t siphons off all the shows, watch as much as you can while the getting is good!

3 Likes

I really enjoy The Batman. Teen Titans is also totally worth your time.

4 Likes

My favorite DC animated shows are Justice League and Justice League Unlimited (same characters and writers, different seasons), The Batman, Batman the Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice. JL and JLU explore an impressive variety of canon plot lines, characters, and character relationships, and are rich in character arcs and plots that develop over time. The Batman is has a dark/edgy vibe while still being very-Saturday-morning-cartoon and focuses on a younger iteration of Bruce Wayne. Batman the Brave and the Bold is hilarious and campy, and also features a wide variety of characters, while plots tend to be very episodic (in contrast to show like JL/JLU/YJ). Young Justice is an animated teen superhero drama that focuses on a limited cast of characters and their development as a team. While I stated that these shows are family friendly, it should be noted that Young Justice season 3 was clearly aimed at an older audience, as it was quite violent compared to its previous two installments (I would rate YJ-S3 PG-13). All these shows are currently available on DCU.

4 Likes