Recommendations for comics thinking of reading some green arrow comics

True, you do have to know some history and what happened during The Final Night, but Grell’s run is what has influenced most versions of the character, so at least read that and the Rebirth run

2 Likes

I will probably read them all is there any current green arrow comics out now

The most current is Rebirth by Benjamin Percy, start there for current stories and onward

2 Likes

I was reading some of his stuff before never finished it glad its on here

Then you’re really not going to enjoy New 52 Green Arrow up to issue 17. I was like “um… not going to let my 13 year old read this right now…” I was surprised some of the stuff I saw in there was in the Teen category

1 Like

I was reading and there was this part Dinah was like im gonna get u wet Oliver says not if i get u wet first

This is fun thanks everyone

He is the play boy billionaire. Bruce has to fake it, but Ollie’s story is more of us watching his path into maturity. I won’t say it’s right or wrong, but I will say it’s a reason most of his books right now stay in my short boxes and not on the community shelf in the house.

1 Like

Oliver really lives up to his name unlike bruce

I’d argue that GL/GA arc is one of the most important arcs not just for those characters, but for DC as a company. Breaking out of the CCA restrictions of the silver age. It is really the most emphatic touchstone for comics actually being capable of handling and dealing with the sociopolitics of the day.

IMO, there is no Watchmen, no Red Son, no TDKR and a host of other social commentary comics without that GL/GA run from O’Neill & Adams.

It’s a foundation stone of modern comics.

4 Likes

In 2 days i have found time to run through like 20 comics

I do thing GL/GA is important, but Swamp Thing perfected the formula and really go DC moving as a company in my opinion, GL/GA got it going, Swamp Thing got it zooming

It was a flashback in Green Arrow #1 (2001-2007) Dinah was remembering happy times with Oliver a few years after had died saving Metropolis

1 Like