Real talk: DC vs Marvel

Here’s how all heroes throughout all movies would fight each other and here’s how all villains would fight each other.
(VERY FUNNY)
Super Hero Bowl
https://youtu.be/K9G9lfA8fa8
Super Villain Bowl
https://youtu.be/YMnAGN2gRsw

1 Like

Oh yeah, don’t forget the behind-the-scenes video too.
https://youtu.be/CxQjXHfkrNk

1 Like

People who could kill Doomsday:
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Thor
Blue Marvel
Thanos
Phoenix Force Jean Grey

People who would survive:
Hulk
Wolverine
Deapool
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Doctor Strange
Namor
Groot
Jean Grey
Venom

People who would die if they tried fighting:
Anyone else

2 Likes

Wow that is the age-old debate isn’t it well at this time Marvel’s got the movies locked down but DC has always had better animation and TV and I’ve always read both and I don’t discriminate but I have those friends that it’s one or the other I just laugh and enjoy both:-)

1 Like

I think Deadpool could take them all down because of the Deadpool kills the marvel universe not to mention he would have the help of the rest of marvel

1 Like

Let’s be honest. John Constantine actually operating a full potential could solo most of the Marvel Universe. It’s canon that Mephisto is scared of him from Warren Ellis’ 90s Hellstorm series.

2 Likes

ComicKid17

Have you read up on Doomsday (Kryptonian) since his debut? He’s been killed everyway possible already including mentally and through elemental powers. No mental powers work and any physical character including the Hulk is a dead mutant character going in. Doomsday is insane. Darkseid can contain him, but even he’s lost in physical battle. Grundy can go toe to toe assuming he’s been put down enough prior (about 10,000,000 times or so), but even he falls short. Hulk has no way of beating Doomsday and Wolverine even less of a chance of surviving. Doomsday makes every powerful and over powerful character in both DC and Marvel look like a balanced character and nothing more…aside from the top two strongest DC and Marvel heroes that pretty much mirror God, but let’s exclude them from the conversation for now.

2 Likes

Batjamags

Hulk has to get angrier…WAY angrier and has been defeated by the likes of Squirrel Girl. Marvel fans don’t like to bring that up, though, I know. Doomsday has un explained power that rips his opponents to shreds before the character…any character…has enough build up time. Doomsday is pure destruction. That’s why (incase anyone was wondering) I used Grundy as an example. Many people overlook the fact the Grundy comes back stronger with no limit cap every time he gets put down. So, if put down enough times prior to the fight, he could make for a worthy opponent, but in the end Doomsday would still outlast him.

One thing I almost completely hate is those stupid Death Battles on YouTube, but even they got it almost correct when it came to Hulk vs. Doomsday. Their final explanation of why Doomsday is the victor is pretty spot on. Wolverine gave Hulk a tough time even cutting him pretty deep, but Hulk prevailed for obvious reasons. This would not be the case in a Doomsday fight. His skin is completely impenetrable to Nth metal as well as any metal on Earth. If he was in any crossovers prior to this conversation, than it’s only fair that Doomsday is resilient to all material from both Universes. Marvel has some stand up characters, but let’s be real…Deadpool would be the only survivor and he would have lost. Doomsday cannot be mentally controlled nor defeated. He has no brain (not anymore). According to the writers, he shouldn’t have one at this point in time. Any planet size opponents wouldn’t be a problem for Doomsday as he’s destroyed those too.

True DC fans don’t use Doomsday because it’s a cheap way to win a debate. Also, something I’ve noticed is the the power scales that these two Universes utilize is completely different and because of this DC seems to be more of a powerful force, but like I said Marvel does have some stand up characters. Thor, Juggernaut, Thanos, Hulk, and Wolverine would have just been a few characters to meet their end if they go up against Doomsday.

2 Likes

Here’s Doomsday’s track record:

Doomsday died fighting Superman in his first appearance. He was later thrown to the end of time and ripped apart by entropy. He was tricked into a teleporter trap on the moon after Zero Hour. He was immediately killed by Imperiex. Even after multiple regenerations and adaptations, Superman defeated Doomsday again by exploiting his newfound ability to feel fear. Doomsday was then defeated by Steel using armor built from one of Imperiex’s probes. During Infinite Crisis, Kal-El and Kal-L tag-teamed him and beat him. During Reign of the Doomsdays, multiple people got into fights with multiple clones of Doomsday and were fine. Since Flashpoint, Original Doomsday resurfaced and was defeated by Superman and Lex Luthor.

Prime Earth’s Doomsday was defeated by Superman after he returned. He was forced to retreat from a fight with Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman later seemingly incinerated Doomsday, and after that ripped him in half. In Mr. Oz’s prison, New 52msday was later hurt and outmaneuvered by future Tim Drake before being locked back up by Superman.

I find it unconvincing that not one character from the Marvel Universe could replicate or top one of those feats. Again, the Hulk is Superman-tier strong. Note how many times Superman has won a one-on-one fight against Doomsday. At most, maybe you could say it would take two Marvel characters tag-teaming him (if you assume we don’t use any real heavy-hitters like the Phoenix). Still, now that I looked all that up, I actually think the simplest method would be for Reed Richards or Hank Pym to replicate the teleporter trick or for Cable to throw him to the end of time, since both of those required outside intervention for Doomsday to recover from and didn’t rely on any great feat of raw power to accomplish in the first place.

1 Like

Doomsday is just HANGRY, give him a Snickers.

7 Likes

This artist is awesome, he does mashup art of superheroes, both DC and Marvel. He does it with the video in fast motion and he shows his hands drawing the picture then he switches to the computer to add color.
https://youtu.be/6LmHv1RyqmE

1 Like

Batjamags

You don’t have to be convinced of anything. I was thorough enough in my debate. Doomsday cannot be put down or “killed” the same way twice. You searched up just a fraction of ways he’s been thwarted. None of it will work again, so your replication idea of repeated blows to Doomsday is insufficient and will not suffice. Superman defeated Doomsday? He sure did. Doomsday is also the only character to BEAT Superman to death. I see you mentioned Hulk being on the same strength tier as Superman? You get no argument there; EXCEPT:

Super Strength - Doomsday’s muscular density is extremely high. Doomsday’s physical output and strength astronomically exceeds that of humans and is significantly stronger than Kryptonians. The exact magnitude and exertion that he is capable of remains undefined and unclear, however he can most likely pick up multiple-mega-tons. Like Superman, he can achieve feats such as super-leaping which comes from his enhanced strength, though he is incapable of flight. After being bestowed with certain gifts his strength grew to a crazy, virtually unparalleled degree.

Yes, Doomsday would rip the Hulk to shreds. You mention Jean Grey as a heavy hitter? Let’s welcome her into the fight, shall we?

"Invulnerability - Doomsday, like Superman, possesses a very high durability capacity, which can only be penetrated by other strong forces, certain radiation exposure can harm him. Military weaponry like bombs, missiles, grenades, rockets and laser beams cannot harm Doomsday.

&

Reactive Adaptation – Doomsday develops and adapts an immunity to any attack that HARMS him; a key component of this ability is that he cannot die the same way twice. To a certain point, Doomsday is practically impervious to blunt force trauma of a punch from an opponent like Superman, seeing as he has been killed by Superman with his fists. However, Doomsday can be injured by exceptionally powerful blows though not be killed by normal means. Theoretically, based on the knowledge of Doomsday, he can be harmed to a certain degree by something he died from before, but cannot be killed by it again. This adaption also offers him an extremely powerful Healing Factor."

Jean Grey would only last as long as Doomsday doesn’t catch her, but he will catch her. His reactive adaptation is a problem because the longer the battle goes, the less damage her attacks will do, no matter her power scale. Her attacks might harm him, but he’ll adapt an immunity to her effect.

You’re right, Doomsday has been killed or as I like to put it…“put down” before.

"Doomsday has died numerous times over the course of his existence, each time becoming immune to the previous thing that killed him.

He died many times as a baby at the hands of Bertron, which was the process by which he was first created. He died once to The Radiant, once to Superman, once to The Entropy at the end of the universe, once to Imperiex, and so on."

As you can see, I basically repeated all that you stated while adding REASONS why a handful of stand up Marvel characters may just fall short of dealing with something they haven’t really fought before. He doesn’t just become immune to death, but also harmful abilities. This makes a difference. If you have anything to add, please share. This stuff is all over the internet. Again, you don’t have to be convinced, because I’m not convinced he can be taken by any member of the Fantastic 4. Not by a long shot. Mr. Fantastic would be an annoying fight for Doomsday, but unfortunately he’s surpassed annoyance (Plastic Man). He’s taken out The Radiant, Superman, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter, Steel (since you mentioned him), Supergirl, plus more. I doubt more stretchy abilities is going to work. With prep time, I can think of like 12 heroes from both Universes that can trap Doomsday or defeat him, but in a cage match or Doomsday just showing up on a doorstep looking for a fight…any character that DOESN’T portray God in every way will lose hands down. By the time it’ll take anyone to come up with something creative, Doomsday would’ve been had their brains splattered on the wall of their favorite building in their hometown. He’s beatable, just not easily…

2 Likes

I also want to add: One on one, Superman never killed or defeated Doomsday after his first time. Simply put…he cannot. It’s impossible. Not even Superman doubts this fact.

2 Likes

Silver Surfer.

1 Like

ScatterShot

What about him? Same argument as Jean Grey/Phoenix. I’m going with Doomsday. He cannot be killed. Silver Surfer fans could look at this fight two ways:

First Fight/Round - Die and join the rest OR win and live long enough for round two.

Second Fight/Round - Die an even more embarrassing death now that none of those really insane overpowered abilities work and watch a really funny “oh shit” facial expression on an almost faceless Silver Surfer.

Allow me to put this out there - I hate…no…I HATE Doomsday. I cannot stand him! He’s a bane in everyone’s existence. I like SS though, lol. I think he got beat up by the Hulk on some distant planet, beat by Thor which I think is just bullshit and has been defeated by Galactus before.

However, I cannot allow biased opinions to interfere. If Marvel creators, writers, and illustrators are going to allow the Surfer to be beat by the likes of Thor who was defeated by Hulk who in turn can be pretty much OHKO’d by Surfer at any time, then clearly…again…Doomsday wins. Sorry.

1 Like

Granted, Doomsday cannot die, and especially not the same way twice. Except, the force of entropy at the end of the universe is explicitly (and this isn’t me saying this - if this isn’t true, then the wiki led me astray) something he can’t adapt to. That tactic will always work, assuming no third party pulls time travel shenanigans to pull him back out at the last minute, which is what happened when they tried that (but at that point you’re looking at a new fight). The teleporter trick didn’t kill him. He never adapted to be un-teleport-able and only got out when Lex Luthor let him loose. The Phoenix (different from non-Phoenix Jean Grey; very different power levels and what I’m about to say doesn’t really apply to non-Phoenix Jean) or the Silver Surfer could easily throw Doomsday into the sun. Would Doomsday die? Of course not. He’d just be stuck in the middle of the sun. He’d not be dead, and he’d have no way out without somehow defying gravity. You could trap him in the Negative Zone. You could put him in stasis. You could strap him to a meteor and shoot him into space. That’s a temporary solution, but it’s been done and it would be a technical victory. He can’t adapt to any of that because it doesn’t kill him. That’s not how his powers work.

My point with the whole track record thing is that when he shows up, people find ways of beating him. Finding ways of beating people is not unique to the DC Universe. If Doomsday were as invincible as you suggest, the entire DC Universe would’ve been wiped out several times over. God’s never fought him in the DCU, and yet he seems to lose pretty handily every time he shows up.

As for the Hulk, he has literally unlimited strength, sufficient invulnerability to withstand far greater force than a nuclear explosion, and has an incredibly powerful healing factor, with at least one of the Hulk’s personas regenerating from being atomized on one occasion. So, I still don’t understand what sequence of actions Doomsday would actually take that would defeat the Hulk. I can see saying the Hulk can’t defeat Doomsday (at least not permanently) but they’d at least be stalemated.

I’m trying to be unbiased too. I’m more of a DC fan, and the Hulk’s not really my favorite character even as far as Marvel goes, partially because he’s so insanely overpowered. My information here is straight off the wiki.

I hope I’m not coming off too aggressive or argumentative here, by the way. I’m just trying to explain my reasons for my answer to the original question.

1 Like

Batjamags

I’d hate to put you through it, but watch Doomsday vs. Hulk. It is one of the few Deathbattles they got right. Hulk can be worn out and down. Also, look at who defeated Hulk. Refer back to Superman’s bout with Doomsday. Now, what did Superman do? Get tired, sweat, bled, and then…? Died. Hulk has to get angrier and angrier and WAY more angrier on top of being insanely angry to be in the same league as Doomsday. I just now gave you three references after you stated you see the Hulk to be in the same league as Superman, at least in strength, anyway. My fourth is this. My last post. It is also confirmed by older comics and backed by the internet (though, do be careful of the latter) as well - Doomsday does in-fact adapt to harmful abilities, not just deaths. So, why anyone has that repeated harmful tactics work is beyond me. They shouldn’t. As for teleportation, Doomsday has come back from it. Teleporting him to Space can never work and he comes back because he can survive in the vacuum of space. Is the Sun not nuclear or radioactive? Doomsday is now immune to both. He’d most likely absorb the energy rendering the attack and time to send him there useless.

Also, allow me to clarify that in no way, shape, or form am I debating for Lex Luthor’s Doomsday. I am solely talking about the original (Bertron’s Doomsday). Now, let it be known, I’ll even take a New 52 reboot Doomsday, so long as he isn’t influenced by Lex. Lex’s Doomsday is significantly weaker than Bertron’s Doomsday. If we both can agree, then let’s leave Lex’s weaker Doomsday out of this debate and continue.

Back to teleportation - “Now, able to move to and from the phantom zone at will, using it as a hub for spontaneous teleportation. This was made possible due to its physical strength being vastly augmented to the point it could breach the dimensional barrier through physical force alone. He’d grown so powerful in such a short amount of time that the creature could overpower the demigoddess Diana of Themyscira (Wonder Woman) in a straight forward battle with ease, going so far as to break both of her arms.”

When it comes to the Phoenix, most of her powers are mental. That will not suffice. Doomsday cannot be mentally killed or harmed without his cerebral still in tact, which I do not believe it is. As for the Hulk, he will undoubtedly be outlasted before he’s able to get angry enough. Doomsday will either turn him into Bruce Banner and tear his head off or if I know Doomsday, he’ll do what the Deathbattle shows you and kill him similarly while Bruce is still the Hulk. Let me say that The Incredible Hulk, Black Panther, and Silver Surfer are some of my Marvel favorites. I am a DC fan all the way, but I recognize good characters. Doomsday is also quick. DC has had really great practice fighting Doomsday. Marvel? Not so much. That may be the greatest factor in this debate. Before any Marvel character has had a chance to come up with a creative way to defeat Doomsday in a way that hasn’t been done before, Doomsday will catch them and turn their insides into 3 month spoiled meatloaf crushed beneath his boot and keep it moving.

I don’t think you are being aggressive at all. I, too, hope you don’t see me as aggressive, because I’m not trying to be. I’m taking this as a respectful debate between Marvel and Doomsday and nothing else. There has been no name calling and I respect you, because that is what you’ve shown me.

3 Likes

What about the droid attack on the wookies

2 Likes

Nightwing1984

:grinning::smile::sweat_smile::joy::rofl: What the Hell does that have to do with anything? Get that SW bs out of here…lol. That was good.

3 Likes

Uh there are a slew of characters in Marvel that would kill doomsday a lot lol. Here we go:
Captain Marvel
Sentry
Silver surfer
Adam warlock
Jean grey
Rachel summers
Franklin Richards
The hulk
Hercules
Cosmic Ghost Rider
Deadpool

2 Likes