Reaganfan78's Comic Of The Week

Introduction
Hello everybody, I’ve decided to make my own book of the week for DC Universe Infinite, whether it’s regular comic book, graphic novels or any type of books to read on DC Universe Infinite, as a DC fan, I wanted to share my love for the comics, from the classic to current.
Since this is the first week, I’ve decided to start with 3 first on 3 different heroes, Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman. Hope you enjoy reading them! :smiley:
Comic Of The Week

Action Comics (1938) #1

Detective Comics (1937)#27

Sensation Comics #1

Questions and Polls
Let’s make this a bit interesting, I really enjoy polls, cause you never know how it’ll turn out!

Which Is Your Favorite First Appearance Comic?
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman

0 voters

That’s it for this week, I’ll be back next week with another book of the week. Please feel free to hit the like button and leave a comment if you like, I always appreciate that. My favorite of the 3 would be Superman comic, cause I feel it was a comic that started it all and made ways for many heroes to come for DC Comics and Marvel comics as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

:superman: :batman: :wonderwoman:

11 Likes

Very interesting idea! I’ll definitely be curious to see what pops up here! Some real classics showing up here!

3 Likes

Superman’s first story is incomplete unless you read the next issue, so it kinda loses by default. The Wonder Woman story is just the first part of her origin, but it still has something approaching a beginning, middle, and an end, so it has an edge over Supes. And the Batman story is literally just a Shadow story with ol’ Bruce plopped in there. But, you know, it’s a good Shadow story, so if you gotta plagiarize…plagiarize from the best. Still, I pick Wondy.

6 Likes

I picked my best buddy, since his is the funniest.

6 Likes

Purple gloves.

4 Likes

Thankyou so much everybody for your comments, poll voting and liking this thread. Here’s my new pick for this week…

Lost Carnival: A Dick Grayson Graphic Novel

Lost Carnival is a beautiful graphic novel story of Dick Grayson and his time as a circus performer. The art and story is really good and it’s really worth reading. To read this, you have to be a subscriber to Ultra.

Have you guys read this book? Let me know what you guys think of this story. :grinning:

8 Likes

So Pretty GIF

Known of it, just haven’t had the time. Its on my list now, though! :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

I have read it. Sadly, though I think the art is gorgeous, the story felt way too generic and not nearly Batman/DC Comics specific. Which may be its appeal to many! But if I wanted to read a magical lost town thingy, I’d just reread The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern instead.

3 Likes

Is it on here?

4 Likes

Yup it is, I posted a link to the comic under the picture so you and everybody can read it.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

To elaborate on what @Lincolnfan78 said, its here via the Ultra access-pass.

2 Likes

That definitely looks worth reading, I’ll have to check it out! I’ve been reading a lot of Nightwing comics lately, so this looks right up my alley.

3 Likes

Oh?

Do tell, please (especially if you’ve read Nightwing #101).

2 Likes

I read the Nightwing: Year One collection first, and now I’ve been reading through Tom Taylor’s run, trying to get caught up.

3 Likes

Hello everybody, My next pick for book of a week is…

Shazam: Fury Of The Gods Special Sazamily Matter #1

With a new movie coming out later this month, this new book is written by the cast of new movie of Shazam! I mean how cool is that?! You’ll need to be a Ultra subscriber to read this fun book, how excited are you to see the new movie? I know I’m excited and can’t wait to see it. Enjoy the book. :nerd_face::books:

Sorry, you know I have to end this with this!

SHAZAM!!!

:00_shazam:

7 Likes

@Lincolnfan78 read it and really liked it.

3 Likes

This was a really fun little book! I wish that the Shazam book we have coming was a bit more like this, or at least had some Shazamily backups so the rich cast Johns gave us could be explored more! Kinda bummed I couldn’t get the Sen cover, though. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m very excited to read this! I do think it’s really neat that it’s actually written by the cast.

3 Likes