Reading With The Yule Log

For some reason I love the Yule Log here on DCU. Anybody else got it playing while reading a comic? Whatcha reading?

I’m currently reading Vol. 4 of the current Batman Rebirth trade

8 Likes

I had it playing when I was reading the court of owls last night - t’was magnificent, @RockoandSocko3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love this I’m always trying to have back ground noise while I’m reading but never know what to put on (usually 66 Batman or Batman the animated series) the second I found out about this I put it on and busted out the graphic novels. And I was reading Batman Hush :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t know why, but it made it harder to put the phone down and stop reading. Something so simple has made the DCU app more enjoyable than it already was! Very possible I might binge read the rest of volume 4 of Batman rebirth, and either start:

-Blue Beetle Rebirth (vol. 1 trade)

• The Shadow & Batman
  • A Very DC Rebirth Holiday

Recommendations between those three are welcome!

2 Likes

So glad you all are enjoying it! We need it would be a hit! Be sure to play it during all your holiday gatherings as well.

2 Likes

Reading comics with the Yule log is my new favorite way to read comics. I’m going to be sad with the holiday is over.

I’d love to see something like this for every season or month.

4 Likes

I really like the Yule log. After the holidays you guys should look into doing something similar with like relaxation sounds. I could see/ hear it in my head. Like a Batcave scene with cavern sounds and dripping water. Or the Fortress of solitude with wind sounds or something. I’m sure it would be a hit.

5 Likes

@bloodviolet is on to something :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Love it, had to show my mother and brother.

1 Like

I was doing this so much I had to refresh the video. Glad they have a 10 hour video now.

3 Likes

Yes I was today lol, it’s great background noise. I also like to read with DC Movie soundtracks playing.

1 Like

I’m glad there are others. Justice League Dark by the cracking fire. I liked hearing Joker giggle every now and then.

2 Likes

I just finished ‘The Sculptor’ by Scott Mccloud

1 Like