Reading Order for all BatFamily from Knightfall to No Man's Land?

Hi guys! I read trades from Knightfall Saga to Cataclysm before DCU launched and I discovered how awesome Chuck Dixon is. I also saw that between '91 and 2002 he wrote a lot of Bat-related series and I loved everything I read in the trades from that period.

So now that I can read all comics here, I wanted to read this era in its entirety. Not only crossover issues for the big events but all series even remotely connected with Batman written in the '90s (those not written by Dixon too). Batman, Catwoman, Azrael, Robin, Birds of Prey and more. The problem is… How should I do that? Does anyone have an issue by issue breakdown of this era of the Batfamily? I would appreciate some help because I never tried to read so many series written in 10 years all at once.

2 Likes

I’m interested if there’s a database for the reading order as well. Two years ago I sat down with the physical issues, and just read everything by publication date between 1983 to 2001. It was quite the headache keeping all those storylines straight after knightfall. If you are needing a list of all titles, wikipedia has a “list of batman comics” that is comprehensive of all named series including limited/one shots. This might be a good starting point until a savior swoops in with a full list.

2 Likes

Try this: https://therealbatmanchronologyproject.com/the-modern-age/years-11-15/

2 Likes

What I ended up doing was just finding the crossover issues for each event and just read each series up to that issue before jumping into each event. I know not exactly what you are looking for but I thought it worked out decently well.

1 Like

@christopher.malmevik Thanks, I didn’t know about this wikipedia list and I found Huntress mini by Dixon I didn’t know about. I’ll try checking my event trades for the issues they contain and read the rest between them.
@Alexander Knox Thanks, but this list is kinda all over the place and tries to fit issues from all the Modern Age into chronological order and it’s kind of confusing when you want to read only 90s comics. I’ll definitely use it to some degree as a help to organize issues.
@Crooked Spike That was my backup plan, but I thought that maybe someone has written their down and wants to share. I’ll just have to check my event trades for the issues they contain and read the rest between them. The thing is that I don’t know if those big events like Knightfall, Cataclysm, Contagion, NML are the only crossovers in this decade or if there are smaller ones between 2-3 series. And also I don’t know what to do about miniseries and oneshots from that era which are not parts of the events. Should I read them wherever, or around the time they were written. I don’t wanna separate the issues of an arc if I don’t have to.

1 Like

There are definitely some mini arcs that crossover among the titles from time to time. Luckily the issues will indicate it when it happens. Some that come to mind might be post NML though.

1 Like