Reading in panel mode gets pretty annoying

The nature of the different sizes of panels makes some of them work better in landscape mode and others in portrait. I find myself going back and forth as I go through, sometimes having to flip it every page. It gets to be annoying. I don’t know how they would solve it though.

1 Like

It’s funny some Comics I really like the panel by panel, it’s like it’s a movie. then I do have my 10-inch tablet though that I use for Comic Blitz but also here I’m finding a lot of the DC Comics read very nicely just page by page on a 10 inch screen.

I find that the bigger the screen, the more forgiving this is. When I’m reading on my 55" TV, I don’t really notice the panels that would do better in portrait mode, as they are still plenty big enough to read. My 10" tablet is similar, since I’m so close to it. Like you though, I do find myself rotating my phone, but honestly it hasn’t really bugged me yet. It’s not like they were thinking about something like this when they wrote Batman in the '70’s, so I guess the non-complainy part of me realizes that this is just how it is when you are dealing with all these shapes. Seems like a pretty nit-picky thing to think about really. You’re basically saying that you wish panels had been drawn with cell phone orientation in mind.

1 Like

I think panel mode would be great if they would show full page first and at end of page. So much information and feeling is conveyed by the layout.

1 Like

i dont really like reading on a screen. but the comics i dont own i try out on this. panel does work pretty good on my tv. but on a tablet panel is hard. great way to test comics out tell you can go pick up the real thing. picked up idenity crisis last night after reading some on this service now moving ro quiver on this service and reading hard copy of idenity crises

1 Like