Reading Comics? Spot a Batmobile? Post It Here!

I like it! And I don’t know why Batmobiles always have to be all black. I could see a white, red, and yellow one with a puppet.

4 Likes

Why that’s no ordinary puppet, that’s.

Supermarionation!!!

2 Likes

Huzzah for Gerry Anderson!

The very first Batmobile was just a regular red car Batman drove around in. I think a couple designs in the 70’s were very dark blue too.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I think it was blue through the '80s-'90s, too. I’ve always loved how uncoordinated the '66mobile is with Batman himself . Blue (purple?) and gray with black and…red? It looks like someone else’s car.

5 Likes

That’s true. I never thought about that before. George Barris was a master designer, so he gets a pass.

4 Likes

BOY OH BOY Spotters, did I hit paydirt! Look at this cover! Boy howdy doody! Detective Comics #601! Hot dog!

5 Likes

Va va va VOOM

7 Likes

The Dark Knight Returns style bat emblem is interesting, and in that one profile shot it looks like it’s hovering, rather than…wheeling.

Norm Breyfogle, I salute you!

5 Likes

The interior’s really interesting, too, with one central seat basically encircled by a computer bank.

5 Likes

@biff_pow Bravo work good sah!

I’m also admiring your use of “howdy doody”. Quite capital, yes.

3 Likes

Thank you, Vroom, I was freestyling. A more conventional person might just say “boy howdy,” but I like to innovate.

Also I fixed the Official* Batmobile Spotter graphic because it was sucking the life out of me.

2 Likes

OK, but here’s the real question: does the arm in the tattoo on the arm in the tattoo have a tattoo?

4 Likes

sob no

4 Likes

Look out, Biff_ pow!!

4 Likes

Yessss! Thank you, Batmobile Spotter Don-El! You know I love a good dome!

3 Likes

I think when it lands that has wheels so could we consider this a batmobile???

3 Likes

Well, we know all cars DO fly in the future, so I say yes, Spotter Don-El. I’m gonna have to read this issue.

3 Likes

Talk about developing your brand…I can hear the trumpet rapidfiring beginning of the later “Batman” theme as I look at the odd upper left Batman circle as well as the Batman Bat logo!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for coming to this year’s “Worst Batmobile Depiction of the Year” award, for 1986!!!

This year’s nominees include John Byrne’s visionary rendition in Man of Steel number 3 (clap clap clap)…

4 Likes

beep beep

1 Like