Read DCeased: Dead Planet #1?

I just finished reading it, and oh my goodness I need someone to talk about it with.

2 Likes

I got you in 20 minutes I’m literally just about to read it

1 Like

What a great start to the sequel! I know Tom Taylor’s gonna kill off a bunch more characters, but I’m still gonna be really upset if Ollie and Jon are really gone. I’m still gonna hold out some hope, though, especially given the promise of a potential cure

1 Like

Yep, pretty much what I’m hoping too! Ngl, I want to see Damian worry for a bit before things get fixed, if possible, but it really is so fantastic!

Also, Lois being the president? Beautiful as well as these panels

I almost started crying when I read this. So perfect :sob:

3 Likes

I think Ollie is done for, sadly, but there’s still hope for Jon.

2 Likes

Zatanna and Constantine will probably magic up some fix for Jon.

2 Likes

You never know they they know there is a cure. Ollie could come back. I love this series so much. This has been the best series I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

This entire series has been an emotional roller coaster. I think a lot of that is caused by loving so many of these characters. In the first series, Superman’s fate took me off guard. That was when I realized anything can happen. Dead Planet gave me that same feeling with Ollie and then Jon. Not to mention that scene of President Lois and Jon.

1 Like

I might have screamed at that last page with Jon. He was only stabbed with the sword, right? He isn’t infected? So maybe, with everyone there, he’ll be okay? Or Tom Taylor can rip my heart out, again, too. That’s an option.

But great issue and I’m sad about Ollie and Jon. But I should have expected something bad to happen.

But I did find it interesting that we find out about a cure and only a couple pages before we saw Superman in the sun, still alive and infected. I wonder if they are going to try and save him.

2 Likes

Yeah, this series I supposed to show you something bad each issue, so I think we’re in for a lot more heartache. Hopefully now there is the cure, that it won’t be as emotional as there other books.

4 Likes

Yeah Jon was only stabbed, not infected. I’m sure he’ll be around for the story still. After reading the first DCeased, I don’t think the cure will come to fruition. It’s too happy of an ending for this universe lol. I see it spreading even further out by the end of this series. It may have been a noble decision but they really should not have gone back to Earth. We’ll see what happens!!

4 Likes

Yeah this series definitely will throw us for many loops. A cure would be way too happy of an ending, especially if DC wants to expand DCeased after the series concludes (while DCeased is one of my absolute favorites, I really hope they don’t overdo it and make too much of a good thing)

2 Likes

I do hope they can use a cure, though I doubt there won’t be a catch or that it will be available to everyone. I’m sure some will even want to use it as leverage.

Honestly, if Darkseid doesn’t make an appearance eventually, that would be surprising.

And Jon is supposed to be 15 here, right? Damian 18?

1 Like

Even if they come up w/ a cure, there’d be nothing left of him to revive. He would’ve been completely obliterated at the start of the series along w/ the rest of Apokolips

I don’t think their ages were ever specifically spelled out, but Jon definitely looked older than 10 in DCeased. 18 sounds like a good age for both of them here

2 Likes

Read it last night. Man I loved the first installment last year and enjoyed the villains mini we just got. This first issue was not bad and had some strong dialog between Ollie and Dinah, Bat-Mom and Jon, and the narration. I was hoping if we got a sequel that we’d get to explore more into this new world they have adopted, strange adventures, rebuilding a new society kind of stuff. It may still happen but just back on old earth or maybe once they find a cure they decide to take everyone to the new planet and continue their new start there. Part of what made the first go around was that being an else world story where anythings goes, the deaths gave the story such gravity and part of why I love things that aren’t restricted to cannon. The consequences are real and the stakes are high. Knowing that there is a cure now kinda made Ollie’s death feel less significant. The dialog between Ollie and Dinah about the sword cracked me up, they are probably one of my favorite couples. The ghost images of my love Big Barda and Scot was :sob:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, the ghost images! That hurt my heart like you wouldn’t believe. I really didn’t expect it

2 Likes

Do they only have the first 3 issues of dceased available here?

Yes comics are released one year later on the app.

2 Likes

Supergirl fans reading DCeased

images (5)

All other fans reading DCeased

Screen-shot-2014-11-04-at-10.32.11-AM-300x198

:joy:

4 Likes

Pretty much :rofl: