[REACTIONS] The Flash S7 E17 - "Heart of the Matter, Part 1" - Spoilers!

The_Flash_season_7 (1)

Synopsis: Barry and Iris greet their future children, XS and Bart, only for a shocking secret to threaten their new familial harmony; the Godspeed war intensifies and threatens to destroy Central City.

Are you tuning into The Flash this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :0_flash:

The Flash airs weekly on Tuesday night @ 5pm PT/7pm CT/8pm ET on The CW. Flash fans will be able to stream episodes for free online on The CW from shortly after they first air on TV, with the site and app offering them to stream. At any one point, The CW will offer the five most recent episodes available to stream for free. Viewers who want to wait to binge all of the series at once, will be able to do that later in the year on Netflix.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to think when Bart was introduced as Barry’s son rather than grandson, but I gotta say…he’s totally Impulse.

It also seems Jay has become what Max Mercury was to him in the comics and im totally okay with that.

3 Likes

The last minute of this episode, with the introduction of Bart/Impulse, was definitely the highlight of the season. That’s the spark of energy that has been missing in every previous episode.

3 Likes

I just want to see the three of them (Barry, Bart, and Nora) go Heads to Head with The Reverse-Flash or The Red Death, and get their butts kicked and to continue that story in Season 8

3 Likes

It was great seeing Jay again! And they were perfect in their casting of Impulse.

2 Likes

Why are they acting as if Jay didn’t die in Crisis?! This show and its plot holes and continuity errors, ugh. Jay isn’t from Earth Prime, he’s from the old Earth 3 so he should be dead, and here it was supposed to be a surprise he’s alive and the revelation of the Multiverse still being alive.

2 Likes

I think Jay and some of his stuff just merged with earth prime like the other earths after crisis erasing his death and making him just apart of this earth.

3 Likes

Nice episode

Joe and Kramer wrap stuff up with an unanswered question. Wonder what’s with that.

Alegra still dealing with the the death. Wonder how that will continue to play out.

And the Speed kids cometh. Fun family scenes. Enjoy the kids bond is great. Almost this was the same Nora but lived different so that mentioning of it not was nice. Impulse is very well done. Great choice for him. Cool with Jay taking the Mad Mercury role

Jay is back fun seeing him. And Vibe too. Now they’re in the head of Godspeed. Wonder grow that will go.

Can Flash stop Godspeed? Will the kids get home safe? Can Alegra forgive herself? All this and more Same Flash Time Same Flash Channel

2 Likes

Yea, as of last nights episode, Jay was on Earth Prime. More than likely it’s like the comics where he was integrated into this Earth after Crisis.

Now, what’s really gonna be interesting is his appearance on Stargirl, which takes place on Earth-2. Is that Jay the one we know or is it that particular Earth’s Jay Garrick?

3 Likes

Unless there ends up being some big twist, I think the current assumption is that he’ll just be playing Earth-2 Jay. My main question is that w/ Jay and Joan having been folded into Earth-Prime’s timeline/history, does this mean Barry’s parents looked different when they were alive? Unless dopplegangers can co-exist on the same earth, I figure this must mean they did have different faces. Of course Barry and everyone are still gonna remember how they looked on Earth-1, but it’s still an interesting aspect to consider

3 Likes

That’s an EXCELLENT question about Barry’s parents. I guess the only way I can reconcile it is that this Jay and Joan are older and they’re based in Keystone, so unless the entirety of Central City goes to and from Keystone and happens to know Jay and Joan Garrick AND Henry and Nora Allen, the fact there are two sets of people who look identical wouldn’t even factor to the every day person’s life. That’s the best way I can figure it.

3 Likes

Certainly not the entirety of the city, but in Earth-Prime’s history, I have to figure that several members of Team Flash would’ve known both Jay and Henry, and there’d still be pictures of Nora to potentially compare to Joan. I guess we won’t know for sure unless we see a picture of Nora and/or Henry. Flashbacks wouldn’t necessarily do any good since the Earth-1 memories are still intact

2 Likes

Then why not mention it? We know Barry and them remember Pre-Crisis, it’s just more plot holes.

2 Likes

Yes, all of this, The Flash is just horrible in keeping the continuity, they could’ve explained all this, but they acted instead as if it was no surprise the Garricks are here and alive.

2 Likes

I hope it’s the new Earth 2 Jay Garrick, we did see his helmet in the pilot. I just don’t want the mess that is now Jay Garrick in The Flash.

2 Likes

I’d hardly say it’s a mess. And it is John Wesley Shipp playing Jay on Stargirl.

3 Likes

Maybe they already did it off camera when Manhunter and the rest were restoring memories in crisis.

2 Likes

It is most definitely a mess, the entire show.

I know.

2 Likes

I doubt it, otherwise they would’ve at least mentioned it, but they didn’t.

2 Likes

Once they establish that J’onn can restore people’s pre-Crisis memories, they don’t really need to show every single person who gets those memories restored. I get that they could’ve mentioned Jay’s status post-Crisis before this episode, but there’s a difference between a general flaw and an actual plot hole. Yes, Jay technically died during Crisis, but in the same way that everyone besides the paragons did when they were wiped out by the anti-matter wave. It wasn’t like Oliver, the Monitor or Earth-90 Barry where they each got a very specific death. Hell, Jay wasn’t even in Crisis or mentioned during it. They certainly could’ve handled this better by confirming his status soon after Crisis instead of now, but everything regarding his status ultimately fits since he and Joan have been folded into Earth-Prime similar to how residents of Earth-38 were

3 Likes