[REACTIONS] - Superman & Lois S1 E10 - "O Mother, Where Art Thou?" - Spoilers!

Synopsis: Lana reaches out to Lois and Clark when Kyle starts behaving strangely; Jonathan opens up to Jordan; Sarah storms out after accusing her mum of always covering for her dad.

Are you excited for more of Superman & Lois? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :superman:

HOW TO WATCH:
The first season will be 15 episodes, and air weekly on Tuesdays on The CW network at 6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET.

Superman & Lois is set to follow a slightly different streaming schedule to the majority of the other CW DC Comics shows. Shortly after episodes air, they will be available to watch for free with ads on CW Seed. Superman & Lois will not be available on Netflix, but it will be available on a yet-to-be-announced date after the season ends.

2 Likes

Jonathan: “Going your (Clark’s) whole life thinking that you’re the only one left in your family…”

So either the show really did completely forget about Kara, it actually does take place on an alternate earth or it just simply doesn’t care about her at all

3 Likes

Wow :exploding_head: this really felt like a season finale.
Another great episode tying all the plot threads and characters together.

Anyone else let out a yelp when all the Kryptonians started launching from the street? :sweat_smile: Scary and epic! There’s just soooo many ICONIC shots of them going after Superman. I haven’t been that tense and hyped watching anything Superman in live action before.

Got ‘Attack on Titan’ vibes of a bunch of scary-powerful beings attacking all at once. :scream:
(note: fan-art on the right so no spoilers)

Glad in all this high-stakes drama they still involve the family aspects in well-written and organic ways. Those sweet moments with Lara were icing on the cake. 10/10

Love in these back-to-back episodes Lois’s journalistic instincts kick in to find crucial info about the ‘Morgan Edge’ plot. I was wondering/worried if once he became the main focus for Superman after John Henry Irons Lois’s role in that may be gone but she’s still very much involved and important which is cool.

Once again Jonathan’s MVP brother and friend. He also reminded me of Lois with his confrontations with General Lane. Jordan’s development has also been good. Like with these last 2 episodes : calling his Dad as soon as he had issues with his powers and when comforting Sarah he started to sound like Clark/Superman. :pleading_face:

Really sucks what happened to Tal-Roh… :pleading_face: impressive how they flipped the entire audience perception of ‘Morgan Edge’ within like an episode. His suit looks cooler and cooler the more it’s on screen. Iconic cape flapping runs in the family.

I guess it’s too late to save ‘Leslie Larr’ R.I.P.
Her outfit’s on point too :fire:

#SupermanAndLois :trophy: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Oh btw:

SUPERMAN

:cake: :partying_face: :superman: :0_superman: #HappySuperVersary or #KryptoVersary ?

2 Likes

This felt like a season finale. That’s how good it was. I love that Clark got to talk to his mother, albeit through the body of his childhood friend.

With the explanation of who “Morgan Edge” really is…I liked it! It made sense.

2 Likes

More like ex-girlfriend, LOL.

1 Like

Oh, wow, that’s so right, oof.

2 Likes

This was one heck of an episode, I’m so glad they didn’t make Edge into Zod, we have Zod in every Superman story so it was nice to have something new.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it might’ve been Zod or Evil Superman from the other Earth possessed Morgan Edge. Revealing how they’re brothers makes the story way more interesting and also clever how they tie it into JHI’s Earth. Very cool.

Also reminds me of the whole parallel theme in Naruto if you’ve seen that show where two similar ‘special’ characters are brought up into different circumstances and how their lives splinter making them into completely different people from each other.

1 Like

Never seen Naruto, but cool. I also like how Lara was finally given the spotlight when it’s always Jor-El, Lara’s important too.

3 Likes

Wow, this was a good episode. Was this supposed to be the finale originally or something? I am very happy that Sarah is in the ‘kinda know’ team now. I really thought that Clark was gonna tell Lana before she did the procedure but I guess they will save that for later.

Also, I am officially and totally on board the, ‘this show is in a different universe from the others’ hype train now. There is no way we did all of that and not mention Kara once. That’s crazy. Does Argo City not exist anymore either? Kara would have been so much help to them in all of this.

3 Likes

I think, with Supergirl wrapping up and Canada’s much stricter COVID-19 policies preventing any crossovers, the decision was made to pretend each other’s shows didn’t exist.

2 Likes

The show originally had 13 episodes extended now to 15. So curious what they got up their sleeves after this episode. I imagine John Henry Irons must come into the equation.

2 Likes

But Clark could have still called her, right? We would have only heard Clark’s side of the conversation but it still would have been nice to get Kara’s input on crazy Kryptonian’s resurrecting and everything.

2 Likes

I’d be fine if the reasoning for Kara not being around is due to her having been stuck in the Phantom Zone, but that hasn’t been addressed on the show so far. It’s just worse that she hasn’t even been referenced once. I could totally get on board w/ the alternate earth explanation, but the cast/producers keep saying this is set in the Arrowverse and we’re supposed to be getting a Diggle appearance in the the episode after next. I’ve got a more detailed theory on how this maybe can all be settled that I’ll drop in the Couch Club discussion tomorrow

But Supergirl has already made several references to Superman this season and every other Arrowverse show has made at least 1 reference to another this year. I get that they can’t risk spoiling specific plot points due to not really knowing when episodes are gonna air, but S&L is still the only Arrowverse show that hasn’t done the same in any substantial way yet

2 Likes

I recall the showrunner had references in the show to Kara but had to be cut out for X,Y,Z reasons. I remember at least in the pilot not sure what or if anywhere else. It was an interview from a while back.

Edit: It was for episode 2

Superman & Lois can feel very contained, but there was an attempt to connect to the broader Arrowverse. As showrunner Todd Helbing told TVLine, the second episode of the series actually included a reference to Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) in the form of a picture. Fans could’ve gotten a quick glimpse of Supergirl, but it ended up being cut for no " intentional reason ":

Todd Helbing’s response - -

“It got cut out for time, but when Lois quits [The Daily Planet] and she’s walking down the hall towards the elevator and she grabs some things from her desk, one of the things she’s holding is a picture with her, Kara and Clark. There’s been this weird set of circumstances where, because of production or timing or COVID, everything in the show that was related to the Arrowverse has gotten pulled out. It’s just another one of those things.”

2 Likes

Awesome™:+1:episode.

The kids team up and now Sarah kind of knows. Cool scene with evil dad. And nice for them just holding in to hope.

Lois and Lana having nice scenes. Fun with the bit know Clark is Supes scene. And now Clark gets his mom back for a bit. Nice stuff there.

The scenes with Edge were cool. And Tal-Roh a new Kryptonian. Cool. His suit is great as well. And a big epic finale feel. Now Supes is in the fortress and hopefully family’s are reunited.

Will Supes survive? How will the people react to being Kryptonianed? What Edge up to next? All this and more Same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel

1 Like

Same here. Kind of like in comics when Gotham or something is about to explode and Batman tries calling Clark or someone in to help but they are all ‘off-world’ at the moment.

It explains away why we can’t have the crossover (It’s Bat’s book so he has to solve his own problem), but it also adds that little extra to the scene. A reminder that there is a bigger world that everyone is fighting for.

We don’t get any of that in S+L. It’s weird. And starting to worry me.

2 Likes

With the Kara not being there I think it simply the same explanation why heroes don’t always show up in each other’s comics. They do there own stuff. The same reason Flash and the rest always don’t show up for every threat. And I know this was krypton related so it would lean for her to show up but maybe she was phantom zoned at the time or like in the comics they don’t always team up for every but Kryptonian event.

Just my thoughts with it.

Follow up:

Edit: It was for episode 2

Superman & Lois can feel very contained, but there was an attempt to connect to the broader Arrowverse. As showrunner Todd Helbing told TVLine, the second episode of the series actually included a reference to Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) in the form of a picture. Fans could’ve gotten a quick glimpse of Supergirl, but it ended up being cut for no " intentional reason ":

Todd Helbing’s response - -

“It got cut out for time, but when Lois quits [The Daily Planet] and she’s walking down the hall towards the elevator and she grabs some things from her desk, one of the things she’s holding is a picture with her, Kara and Clark. There’s been this weird set of circumstances where, because of production or timing or COVID, everything in the show that was related to the Arrowverse has gotten pulled out. It’s just another one of those things.”

Dunno’ if there’s been other interviews since, this is the only one I happen to come across back then.

3 Likes