[REACTIONS] Supergirl S6 E5- "Prom Night" - Spoilers!

Watch Supergirl on the CW tonight at 5pm PST/8pm EST!

Synopsis: * Nia and Brainy attempt to save Supergirl from the Phantom Zone by time traveling back to Kara’s home in 2009. While determined to secure the item needed to help Supergirl, Brainy is worried about keeping a low profile so as not to alter the future timeline. However, when their ship crashes upon arrival, a young Kara Danvers is the first on the scene. Meanwhile, a young reporter named Cat Grant sets her sights on Midvale as she suspects there is a big story in the small town.

Will you be watching Supergirl’s final season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!:supergirl_cw:

HOW TO WATCH:
The finale season of SUPERGIRL will temporarily take over the timeslot of SUPERMAN & LOIS, airing weekly on Tuesdays on The CW network at 6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET. SUPERMAN & LOIS will return May 18th, with the SUPERGIRL schedule TBD. Miss it on air? Watch SUPERGIRL on the CW app!

3 Likes

This forum perfectly displays why its Supergirl’s last season.

5 Likes

2009 being ‘the past’ gave me grey hairs and arteritis…

4 Likes

Is it just me or did the barn look a lot like the one on the Kent Farm in Smallville???

2 Likes

A very fun episode.

Good old Back to the Future logic for some 2009 time travel fun. Good old 2009 back when I was 9 :sweat_smile:. Simple days.

A nice Brainy and Nia episode. Some nice development and fun between them. And a Crisis switch with the friend alive now.

Brainy learning to cope with stress and having fun experiencing high school and all was great :joy:. And the good tech of the past. Makes me feel old that 09 tech is considered old :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

Nia have some with with Kara in the cool bubble moment. And The classic WAZZUP. The moment to call her mom was well done. Just to hear her voice. And the 9 to 5 was great fun. She sings great. Very sweet moment and Brainy even started to jump in before the interruption. They probably sing it again at the end of next ep.

Young Kara and Alex and there old sister rivalry I guess it’s called. And Cat is back as Young cat. And some fun Planet connection.

The hunters of Naxom Tork who seems to be a new Original character. The usual alien hunters.

Overall fun episode and an unexpected two parter.

Will the timeline be changed? Is it changed already? Can our heroes get home? All this and more Same :00_supergirl_arrowverse:uper Time Same :00_supergirl_arrowverse:uper Channel.

2 Likes

Thought the same thing. :thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t get to see the episode on Tuesday because I live in NY and it was pre-empted for the Yankees game. I did get to see it later. It was a fun episode and definitely a welcome change of pace from the last few weeks with the Phantom Zone stuff.

I know we have a full season’s worth of episodes and all the external factors that are at play at the moment, but I really wish this last season had more focus. I’ll admit, I haven’t enjoyed the last few seasons, but Supergirl is a fun show and if they’re gonna go out, I want to see them all go out on a high note. You never know, they could be have something spectacular in store for the final episodes and this is just building up to that, but lately…these episodes haven’t been great.

I still have high hopes for the show, though.

2 Likes

Oh good I’m not alone…definitely similar vibes :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I loved this episode so much! Fun, upbeat, charming and I am an absolute sucker for old school villains.

It could have been taken right out of a Supergirl silver age story. Zany space villains arrive for nefarious kidnapping plot while Supergirl struggles to keep her identity hidden. The only thing missing was a robot hidden in a tree and some superventriloquism/superhypnosis/superawesome power.

It even had time travel.

:heart:

3 Likes

It felt good to smile during an episode.

3 Likes