[REACTIONS] Black Lightning S4 Premiere - "The Book of Reconstruction: Chapter One" Spoilers!

Black_Lightning_season_4

Synopsis: Jefferson is still mourning the death of his long-time friend, Detective Henderson; Gambi is presented with an interesting opportunity; Lynn and Jefferson continue to clash.

Did you catch the premiere of Black Lightning this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :00_black_lightning:

Season 4 episodes of Black Lightning will be available to stream for free on The CW App and CW.com the morning after they air on television. The season premiere will be available on The CW website beginning Tuesday, February 9.

8 Likes

I have not seen this, nor any episode of Black Lightning, because I am late to the whole Arrowverse party and, according to the list I’m using to watch everything in order, I’m over 500 episodes away from seeing this episode so…I’ll check back with y’all in about three or four years! :laughing:

I can’t wait to get there, though, because this show looks very cool!

3 Likes

This was a well done episode. There were lots of disturbing developments for the Pierce family and I’m eager to see how they play out.

Tobias’ re-emergence as a respected citizen reminded me of post-Crisis Lex Luthor on Supergirl.

Jefferson is a trainwreck. He doesn’t want his kids out fighting crime but he violently punished criminals on his own. When he interfered with the white cops bullying the black kid, he should have stood down after the kid took off. Ironically, the cop car and street video would have provided evidence of the white cops’ crime. At least you would think they would be punished by the black police chief.

Lynn is abusing the drugs giving her meta powers.

Anissa is unable to deal with Grace being in a coma.

and Jen’s powers fizzled out while she was flying - this may answer the question of whether she will be part of the Painkiller spinoff. Sorry if that sounded cold.

2 Likes

This episode was a great one, This season is ready be a good one.

2 Likes

Any chance the poster can be updated to this season’s? Also, the synposis for last week’s Batwoman episode is in the post as well

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! It’s been corrected now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the season 4 premiere. I love that the episode has Jefferson still dealing with Henderson’s death. Too often on TV shows a character will die and two episodes later it’s like everything is back to normal. Grief in real life isn’t like that, and “The Book of Reconstruction” reflects that.

3 Likes

First of all I’ve missed this show. Can’t believe it’s been a year since.
The comic openings are one thing I’m going to miss when the show ends. They’re so awesome™:+1:. Hope Painkiller use them or something similar.

The open was great. The violin in the background Jeff and his dad. Just great.

Jeff feel sad for him. Struggle with the grief. Like that they’re showing it though and not brushing it off. Not wanting this life for his kids as he’s going darker and darker.

Lynn off one drug and in to the next. With that mindset of doing good. Also just so casual with killing. Maybe she’s just pushing it aside and focus on work which seems to be how she deal with things. :thinking:

The daughters. Both so ready to kill. Maybe again a form of grief or something but just so casual. I understand Jeff with this. Thunder saddened over Grace. And Lightning getting reckless.

Gambi new offers and some nice stuff in his life. What he said to Jeff in the bar was great. The best lesson to show is you can fall and the better that you can get back up.

Whale conning again. I enygiid manipulative villains.

The cops getting on to Jeff. Wonder how that will play out.

Overall awesome™:+1: premier.

Will the cops find out who Jeff is? What’s Tobias doing at Lynn’s work? Will Grace wake up? Will Gambi take the job? Is this the end of Lightning? Finally out Same :zap: Time Same :zap: Channel.

2 Likes

Right on.

This show doesn’t get enough love.

Besides the comic book frames at the show’s opening, the pacing is reminiscent of a seventies crime drama - with better production quality.

And this wasn’t the first time we got Curtis Mayfield in the soundtrack, and I hope it’s not the last time.

While I know BL is ending on the CW, it would be amazing for Cress Williams to come back for an HBO Max Outsiders series, with unrestricted writing and storylines.

2 Likes

@FelixLeiter Stargirl isn’t on that list…

Is that a part of the Arrowverse?

@FelixLeiter yes

1 Like