[REACTIONS] Black Lightning S4 E2 - "The Book of Reconstruction: Chapter Two" - Spoilers!

Black_Lightning_season_4

Synopsis: The war between the 100 and the Kobra Cartel rages on; Lynn continues to be concerned about Jefferson; Jennifer’s curiosity is piqued by a new boy at school.

Are you tuning into Black Lightning this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :point_down:t6::00_black_lightning:

Season 4 episodes of Black Lightning will be available to stream for free on The CW App and CW.com the morning after they air on television. The season premiere will be available on The CW website beginning Tuesday, February 9.

2 Likes

Another week w/out a teaser for the next episode. This in addition to still making no mention that this is the last season of Black Lightning. I don’t know what the hell’s going on w/ the promotion for this show, but none of it is good. Black Lightning deserves far better

2 Likes

These are the ratings the night of premiere

All American (773K/0.3)
Black Lightning (442K/0.1)

That is a series low. In my opinion, The CW kinda screwed Black Lighting over by accident.

People who watch All American are not necessarily gonna tune into Black Lighting. All American had terrible ratings in Season 1, but found popularity on Netflix so everyone is watching live. Unfortunately Black Lightning did not fare the same. Not to mention that Black Lightning is 1 Season ahead of All American, so its not like All American viewers know what is going on.

I hope that Painkiller won’t rely specifically on ratings to get greenlit because by looking at these numbers, that wouldn’t happen.

News is circulating that the sisters will be a part of the spinoff along with new characters, which leads me to believe that they are just trying to get Black Lightning over with so they can set up Painkiller with both HBOmax and the CW. We’ll see.

4 Likes

And those pitiful numbers are just gonna keep dropping at this rate. Though I’m not sure how big a role it’ll play, they’re gonna have to factor in the backdoor pilot’s ratings if they haven’t approved Painkiller by the time that airs. And if those numbers continue to be this low, the show’s chances of getting picked up will only decrease, which I really don’t wanna see. Since BL is ending earlier than it should, I see Painkiller as a prime opportunity to at least continue seeing that side of the Arrowverse, especially w/ their plans to involve Anissa and Jen. This whole situation is just getting worse and worse

2 Likes

We’ll see if they advertise episode 7 (which is currently being filmed). Batwoman is being advertised so I don’t know why Black Lightning is ignored. I kinda feel like they are gonna shove episode 7 in our faces and possibly show reruns of it.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent point. Not showing regular episode teasers already doesn’t make any sense, but completely ignoring any promotion for Painkiller would somehow make even less sense. They need to get their act together and fast

2 Likes

I just checked theCW Youtube channel and all they have uploaded is the Season 4 trailer a week ago. I wish I knew someone on the inside who could shed some light on this :pensive:

3 Likes

I noticed that, too. All they’ve done is post the same trailer twice, and I’m half-expecting them to just re-upload it again soon

3 Likes

I have been enjoying this season so far and it pains me that this is the last season. I am glad they are letting Jefferson grapple with his grief over Henderson’s death. I think too often when a character on a TV show dies, they tend to be forgotten two episodes later. It’s nice to see the creative team of Black Lightning realize grief can last well over a year.

Anyway, I have to agree with @KendallMJohnson I think scheduling Black Lightning following All American may have been a mistake. I think the audiences for the two shows may be quite different. I think Black Lightning would have been better served being scheduled after another superhero show or, at least, another action show.

3 Likes

Awesome™:+1: Episode

Jeff still dealing with the grief and struggling to hero is great. Just to make it seem like Henderson’s death was just nothing. And that seen with Whale was amazing.

Lynn still struggles with addiction and blaming Jeff for her action hopefully she’ll learn to take a bit more responsibility for herself. But she’s just a worried mom so it makes sense doing anything to protect her kids.

Lightning still being reckless and Thunder making a new friend which was nice. And the Jaguar scene was awesome™:+1:

Gambi working undercover. Nice action from. Him and that moment with Jeff was great.

Still sad this is the end. Especially as it seems like it wasn’t supposed to be at first with all the new sets they felt like starting the new after Crisis. Oh well at least they got to four.

How far will Jeff go? Can Lynn break her addiction? What’s Whale up too? Will the gangs honor the deal? All this and more same :zap:Time Same :zap:Channel

2 Likes

Will Khalil be getting a backdoor pilot in preparation for his spin-off?

4 Likes

That’s the plan. It’s supposed to be episode 7 of this season, so barring any future delays, we should be getting it in just over a month

3 Likes

When Gambi said “no” to Black Lightning, I literally jumped off the bed!

1 Like

This has easily been the best Arrowverse show in my opinion. I think it deals with real life issues more than any other Arrowverse show and is more down to earth. Normally when shows get too political, it is a turn off for me. This show however handles the issues in a way that has meaning and the outcomes are not always rosy making it more realistic. Anyway, it is a shame this was cancelled, but will look forward to the rest of the season.

2 Likes

Do you guys think that it was a mistake to have this show separate from the Arrowverse in the first 2 seasons? Even Season 3 doesn’t have a Crisis episode and is separate with Black Lightning fighting away from his family in Crisis On Infinite Earths.

2 Likes

I think it’s like a comic in way. It crossover and connected with the Arrowverse but like many big events in comics not all comics get pulled in much for the crossover.

2 Likes

True! But I more meant for the shows ratings. For the last season it was the least watched Arrowverse show, and I wonder if that was because they waited so late to merge the worlds.

2 Likes

Episode 7, okay, thanks.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think it was a mistake. They don’t refer to the other shows much anymore so it does not tie in very much.

2 Likes