[REACTIONS] Batwoman S2 E7 - "It's Best You Stop Digging" - Spoilers!

Watch Batwoman on the CW tonight at 5pm PST/8pm EST!

imagesSynopsis: As Ryan’s condition worsens, she questions Batwoman’s “no killing” code when she realizes the opportunity to avenge her mother is slipping away. Tatiana fills in the gaps for Alice about her time on Coryana and her history with Ocean.

Are you tuning into Batwoman this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!:point_down:t6: :00_batwoman:

Batwoman airs Sundays at 5pm PT/7pm CT/8pm ET. Miss it on air? Watch BATWOMAN on the CW app!

2 Likes

Not sure how I feel about Alice’s “punishment”. It kinda takes away from her mission.

2 Likes

I know we aren’t doing crossovers, but I really need to see Mary and Cisco sharing a scene together.

2 Likes

We’re here for Alice’s punishment today.

1 Like

So we see that Alice is not the creation of Beth, but the creation of Safiya. Interesting…

2 Likes

A lot of Alice this episode.

We learned some backstory to before her Gotham homecoming. How she learned to fight. And a path to happiness. The Sefyah took it away. And made her. It this the start to some sort of redemption.

Ryan went through the we don’t kill lessons. After some cool looking hallucinations, irradiated driving, and disoriented talk with your love interest almost outing your identity. Sounds like and average day in Gotham :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

The Luke Mary Batgirl seen was fun. And Jacob and Sophie find the map to loose hope. Feel bad for Jacob being left out and loosing another daughter.

Will Alice turn a leaf and be with Ocean? Can she get Kate back? Will Ryan get the rose? All this and more same Bat Time Same Bat Channel.

I don’t see it that way, it shows that being captive all those years and being abused by the Cartwrights, all of them, yes, including Mouse, didn’t actually destroy her humanity. So to have it revealed that her humanity was destroyed by Safiyah is definitely a sign that she indeed can be saved, that Beth can be saved.

1 Like

I’m more than happy to have Alice go from her capture to escaping and becoming her own woman.
This stuff with Saifyah just seems unnecessary.

1 Like

It very much looks like they are writing themselves out of a corner. The Safiya stuff was hinted at in Season 1 but with Ruby leaving they had to (in my opinion clumsily) tie the disappearance of Kate in with that.

The way they tied in Mary’s blood situation all the way back from Season 1 to being used for a cure for the Bat Poison and then reveal that the flower on Coryana is the true cure for everyone’s problems seems…like that is all that is leftover from what would have been the original script.

I want Ryan to get rid of the Kryptonite wound. We know that she’s not gonna die. She has had this all Season so far. From a writing standpoint, I know why this is written in, but its still annoying.

I like Alice’s backstory, but tying Kate into the Coryana stuff is just dragging the whole show down. We Know that Ruby has not filmed for this Season. Either Recast Kate or just reveal that she’s dead.

They are probably trying to leave an opening for Ruby to come back for a cameo, but I feel like Ruby’s departure is already a big enough shadow over this show and both we and the show just needs to move on.

I want to see more of this Gotham, more villains, more police corruption. That’s the stuff I liked about Season 1. Season 2 has opened the door for SO MUCH MORE of that with Ryans ex and exploring racism in Gotham even closer than Season 1 did. But this Kate subplot HAS TO GO.

rant over :blush:

1 Like

I agree. I was intrigued to see how Ryan Wilder would grow into a character, but most of this season has been about Kate who isn’t on the show anymore. We can’t move forward if we’re constantly looking back.

1 Like

Also, I feel bad for Luke. He went from ally to the one that gets yelled at every week. He’s worked with Batman and with Kate’s Batwoman, has the most knowledge about the bat-cave and bat-gadgets but it seems like every week he’s the bad guy amongst the team. If I was in the character’s position, I’d walk.

Hopefully by either the end of the season or next season the team finds equilibrium amongst each other.

1 Like

I feel they’re focusing on the Kate stuff this season or at least first half as next week seems to be a conclusion of sorts to show that they didn’t magically forget about her. With being such a main character it would make sense for everyone to just move one like nothing happened. Jacob especially after Beth wouldn’t just move one from another presumed dead daughter with no body and Alice of course doesn’t want to loose her sister. (At least unless it’s her doing it)

True I definitely feel this. He’s worked with two bats and all of a sudden he doesn’t know anything.

Might lead to him becoming Batwing​:thinking:

1 Like

I would’ve liked to have seen the first half of this season focus on building up Ryan and then we could’ve gotten to the stuff with Kate. They could’ve mentioned it in a few episodes and then devoted the second half of the season to it.

My biggest fear is they’ll Martha Jones her where she’ll be the new person but won’t escape the shadow of her predecessor.

1 Like