[REACTIONS] Batwoman S2 E1 "Whatever Happened to Kate Kane?" - Spoilers!

i forgot to mention how Batwoman punched a guy’s face off.

and as a batmobile snob, i can’t say i’m a fan of the 2003 Mazda Batmocoupe, but i understand they’re on a budget here.

4 Likes

Saw it and in short awesome™:+1:.
(Side note I did like the first season a lot too)
This episode seemed like clean up from last and set up for this which was kind of expected.

I’ll start the elephant in the room. Ryan as BW.
Her origin was nice and something different. Liked the Alice connection so her personal ties with BW are still there.
Her fighting background is nice so it not like a person will random be skilled in combat. Her figuring the suit out was fun and learning what a hero is was nice. Her plant mom is fun little thing. Also like how she didn’t get the suit at the end. They’re making her earn it which is nice. Overall a nice new hero for the mantle and another cool original character created for DCTV.

Kate’s “death” was interesting. How it was apart of doing something from last season. Also left open to if she wants to return for a we found Kate special. And the Villain who did it (forgot name) a nice way to set her up.

Now Luke and Mary were nice. There mourning for Kate and discovering of Ryan. Definitely see heads bashing when she becomes BW.

Jacob going through another daughter death was nice like how they didn’t make it seem normal to him. The bat signal scene was great.

Sophie and Julia going through there things. Nice seen at the end. And Julia know Bruce make sense with the Pennyworth observation. Nice to know Alfred is all good to. (Forgot if it was mentioned last season)

Alice of course the new villain as I mentioned. If this is the villain of the season I feel Ryan will have to make that choice it save Alice form her or let her die kind if thing. And her plan seemed like what the finale for S1 was supposed to be. It sounded so awesome™:+1: too but hey what you gonna do.

Now for Hush. First the person who is now the Arrowverse’s Bruce. Look to be a good Bruce if they ever pull him in. Using Kate’s “death” was a nice way to hide people’s suspicions but Julia found out. It seemed like they scraped the storyline of Bruce as hush do to Ruby’s exit which is sad because I was looking forward to it but hey what are you gonna do.

The batmobile looked nice for the show. Just waiting for it to get BW designed for Ryan since it doesn’t seem like she does bikes.

Also a false face society name drop. Nice.

And what a sad ending for everyone. Done well. And that kryptonite poisoning.

Overall nice start like the bat TV. Looking forward for what this season has to offer.

Will Ryan become Batwoman? Will we find out what happened to Kate? What Alice up to? Will this be the end of our hero? See next time. Same Bat Time same Bat Channel.

6 Likes

She does not have any other history. It’s similar to how Batgirl (Barbara) was created for Batman 66 but her comic debut came first due to comics being faster to make then Tv shows.

2 Likes

Very confusing she has Kryptonite in her blood now and a dark past similar to Batman i just want more Gotham in batwoman im interested in black mask

3 Likes

Having a blank canvas for this batwoman could really help cw i think it deserves a pass going head on with NFL playoffs

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this episode. I enjoyed seeing Ryan’s sheer enjoyment of her first run as Batwoman and I’m sure there will be an interesting story behind her reaction to Kryptonite.

3 Likes

There was rumors she was seen on titans set

2 Likes

some people have problems with her just coincidentally finding the suit, but to me it’s no more unbelievable than a Robin’s journey. Just for her, she got promoted instantly!

and at first i didn’t like the idea of the suit being bulletproof (i don’t remember that from episodes I saw last season), but it’s a big multiverse, and it makes sense that at least one Batperson out there would go Iron Man and make the suit with the tech that would otherwise go in the Batmobile.

:laughing:

i forgot about this, yeah, that was a strong bit!

3 Likes

We had to wait 3 eps almost before kate found the bat suit so im glad they rushed it

3 Likes

I like she isn’t a billionaire

3 Likes

-sighs-

3 Likes

I agree. Comic book wise it’s believable. Heck if anyone found a bat suit wouldn’t they take it to fight crime and mess around.

2 Likes

Like someone said, Jacob is still Jewish and if they have a Kate funeral, we should see some more representation.

there was a squirt of blood during the pummeling. I thought it was a nice touch. I can appreciate your batmobile snobbery. for the record, on the reveal, i did exclaim out loud, “The Batmobile!”

I left my thoughts on the other thread, with spoiler blur:

2 Likes

Honestly, if they’d just put a great big bat head on the hood like the 40s/50s model or the red trim from the Adam West one I would have given it a pass.

3 Likes

I watched the first five episodes last season and then I stopped. Do the people writing for CW shows even watch other tv shows? Their dialog is soooooo bad and it seems like it comes from 1980s. As for the new version…got halfway in and stopped; writing writing writing! I am worried about Stargirl! And my hopes for the new Lois/Superman show are dimming…

1 Like

Now that I have finally gotten to see the episode for myself, I can officially say “yes” to all of this. I’ll admit that I didn’t mind seeing a few spoilers before I watched, only because I wasn’t sure how people would feel about this season with the new changes, considering that there has been a 1/4 chance that someone has liked this show (myself included).

1 Like

I’m watching episode 201 now, nice mention of Astro City. I like that Ryan won’t come with her own nemesis, but can develop one in time. Ewww, band aid won’t fix that . Guess I’ll stick around for a bit.

was a great start to the second season.
when did kryptonite become tougher than diamonds? I greatly enjoyed watching hush getting his butt handed to him by a rookie hero.

I stopped watching the first season because Ruby Rose was kind of too wooden and boring for me.
Watching this first new episode, there was a lot of unintentional laughter from my part. First that they just blew her up in a plane (OK, I’m sure she just disappeared, but still), next when Hush smashed that plant. Whenever Mary and Luke were on screen just to explain to the audience what was happening also tickled me. Like we just saw a scene, and then they’re drinking coffee the next day telling us what JUST happened.

Besides that, I’m kind of excited to see Alice pitted against somebody besides Kate. She’s my favorite character by far and the bonkers way Rachel Skarten plays her is just really really fun.