RDJ rumored in talks w/ WB for dceu role

This is probably all just nonsense rumors but IF he were in talks for a role, who could you possibly imagine RDJ playing from the DC universe. My personal choice after thinking for a bit would be Oliver Queen. Hear me out on this one: there is no way WB would risk putting someone young & hot in the role after the CW’s run with the character. So what if you put him in as an older, wiser, mentor-type figure to Pattinson’s Batman putting together a justice league in future movies… totally crazy, I know. But like… awesome too? You tell me! Who else could you see him playing?

1 Like

Maybe Maxwell Lord if he figured into a movie?

2 Likes

The only place I’m seeing that rumor coming from is We Got This Covered, which basically strips it of any validity

That said, if we’re just talking pure speculation, I don’t know if I could see him taking on any DC role. He’s just been Iron Man for so long and has been so iconic that I’m not sure I could see anybody else when he’s on screen. Still, he’s a fantastic actor, so he might be able to bring something different to a new comic book role that’d differentiate it enough from Tony Stark. I highly doubt we’d ever see it happen, but it is interesting to think about

3 Likes

Wouldn’t RJD be funny as Kite Man lololol … or maybe Dr. Psycho? He can’t play a Justice League character, he’d be so much more fun as LOD.

I know just having fun, but what the heck. From Iron Man to Kite Man – just keeping with “the man” dynamic.

5 Likes

I was JUST about to type that :rofl: Honestly, I think he’d get a kick out of it.

3 Likes

Heck yeah!

2 Likes

If RDJ, as he seems to be referred to as, does get cast in a DC film, he would make an interesting voice for a CG character, or one with heavy makeup. I also think he should be a villian. my first thoghts were either Trigon or Atrocitus (sp?). )

2 Likes

RDJ as Atrocitus is not at all what I was thinking. But way to think outside the box.

2 Likes

Maybe he could play Booster Gold’s father and be secondary villain in some movie with Booster. I think there could be an interesting dynamic there.

1 Like

@TornadoSoup Now all I can picture is Kirk Lazarus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

RDJ would make a cool Lex Luthor actually! Essentially an evil twist on his Tony Stark over at the Marvelous Competition. And he was supposed to play Lex a while back in a movie that never happened so this could be his second shot. But I know this is highly unlikely to happen, but a fan can dream lol!

1 Like