Ray Fisher & "Justice League" 2017

This. :+1:

2 Likes

I for one am sick of all the negative DC/WB headlines. And Iā€™m sad to hear of any unprofessional behavior on the set. However, I think Fisher is doing little to help himself get more work. All headlines I see regarding him are about this stuff, I think its time he move on. Heā€™s a great actor Iā€™d like see him in more stuff.

4 Likes

so that cyborg movie they talked about is probably never gonna happen now right?

Maybe a recast.

Actually from what Iā€™ve heard, it doesnā€™t look like they are relooking to recast Cyborg. Even before this whole thing started, the chances of getting a Cyborg movie were pretty slim considering the amount of movie a mainly CGI character like that would cost to make. And this isnā€™t like Infinity War where the studio had nearly two dozen highly successful movies to justify that budget

Based on Gadotā€™s comments, it sounds like Whedon was doing something on set. I think itā€™s most likely the Fisher didnā€™t go through the proper channels for reporting something, and got frustrated at Berg and Johns about other issues with rewrites. They probably reprimanded him for causing trouble instead of following procedure, and thought he blowing something up. Thus he figured they were part of things and once the Snyder cut gave him a platform he brought things back up. Whedon did step down from HBO as soon as the investigation ended, so they probably found that Whedon was being unprofessional, but that other grievances were largely Fisher talking to the wrong people to fix things, than leaping to higher management and getting ticked when they just told him he was going about it wrong.
Also, I think they cut an arc the dealt with Cyborgā€™s race from the film for time sake, and Fisher may have mistakenly recognized being asked to use the booya catchphrase (according to berg) as a slap on the face stereotyping on top of losing the arc he cared about more with Snyder leaving.

1 Like

I think itā€™s more likely that the studio were quick on the spot to fix whatever issue Gal had with Whedon because of a mix of post-MeToo anxiety and not wanting to lose their big-time actress, but with Ray, whoā€™s basically a nobody in comparison, they were far more willing to just sweep under the rug and pretend it didnā€™t happen initially.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very annoyed with Ray Fisher and donā€™t find any of this campaign of his to be in good faith. The controversies surrounding Whedon have all been hearsay, extremely personal in nature (and therefore none of our business IMO), or willful misinterpretations. All of Fisherā€™s carefully orchestrated PR drops of vagueness have only convinced me that he has nothing worth hearing about.

I am a huge fan of both Whedon and Zack Snyder. I feel like all of these controversies surrounding Justice League have certainly kept the film in the news, but it has made me feel like it is going to be hard to enjoy the Snyder Cut, which is all I have wanted since they announced Justice League all those years back.

Whedonā€™s cut of Justice League sucked, but I donā€™t see how we can blame him. He was clearly a hired gun who clearly delivered what WB asked him to deliver; it wasnā€™t ever his project. Heā€™s just everyoneā€™s scapegoat.

At this point, Iā€™m ready to move on and to see the new DC hotness. Iā€™m glad WB gave Fisher the boot. Personally, I think they should just give the cinematic role to the dude from Doom Patrol.

2 Likes