Rant (CWTV vs DCTV)

@ragdollrebel don’t get me wrong, these shows aren’t UNWATCHABLE , just occasionally unorthodox and cringey. I would like to see how it ends. But I do have a liberty for my own opinion that I understand not everyone has to agree with. But you can’t ignore how much has changed in the last 10 years.

And my statement wasn’t to Bash the shows.

And my statement wasn’t from a self centered place. Legends of Tomorrow at one point became “unwatchable” for me, so I just stopped watching. I guess all I’m saying on behalf of all the other shows is that some are starved of unpredictability and connection.

But again, this all subjective here. Still going to watch! Just making a point is all. Not attempting to deter anyone from anything.

1 Like

@maddoxx92 I mean no disrespect brother we all got opinions. Me I grew up on cheesy then known as The WB shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Charmed, so maybe for me the more cheesy melodramatic soap opera moments are easier to swallow.
It just seems like today people take for granted that we have superhero shows that actually do a pretty darn good job of representing their source material. I would have killed for shows like this when I was a kid. I mean a show about super heros traveling through space and time in a spaceship are you kidding me!!! No amount of bad writing could make me not like that, I mean come on I watched the entirety of Andromeda, Legends is a masterpiece compared to that show lol

4 Likes

@ragdollrebel agreed. I do have to admit though. To see Martian Manhunter ACTUALLY look like MMH from the comics and Supergirl ACTUALLY flying is pretty amazing. Smallville had MMH in a leather jacket and his eyes glow red… >_>. I believe the closest thing we had to seeing flash in Smallville was that one episode we all remember and that race at the end. And then that mini justice league episode we got.

I think after watching Daredevil, Punisher, Luke cage etc on Netflix… It set my expectations pretty high for DC. Or at least my hopes.

I don’t know what the deal is. I enjoyed all these shows when they first started, but now I’m finding it more of a chore to sit through them week after week. I don’t know if it’s the writing or the performances of some of the actors; maybe a combination of both. I think the lead actors are all still solid, but a lot of the supporting characters are pretty stinking annoying and hard (for me) to watch and care about. I’m looking at you Brainiac 5, Nora West Allen, and Ricardo Diaz.) Interesting that you mention getting older affecting your perception of the shows. I’ve also attributed my diminishing enjoyment of the CW shows to my age and thinking that the shows are just being written and produced for a younger audience and I’ve outgrown them. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@jerm_78 yeah man. That’s exactly what it feels like: a chore. I knew one day I would get older and actually want more from life…

There’s not one show on cw that I enjoy. It’s all garbage. I agree, the gritty stuff just works better for comic shows.

1 Like

The writing could be better but hey… What u gonna do?