Ramona Fradon Passed Away

I just saw this posted to a Super Friends Facebook page. I’ve tried to search Google, but can’t find anything to verify this.

Has anyone else heard anything? Is this one of those stupid hoaxes that gets started?

17 Likes

:pensive: I am sorry.

15 Likes

@iJest - Thanks for confirming. I’ve edited my original post, so that the title of the thread reads as a statement now, and not a question.

Ramona, you will be missed. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all. Thank you for developing my love for comic books.

And thank you for bringing my childhood favorites to life on the pages of DC.

13 Likes

She did so much great work in the Silver Age. She’ll always be the artist I most associate with Metamorpho (who she co-created with Bob Haney).

11 Likes

Rest in peace, Ramona!

10 Likes

She has contributed so heavily to the comic book genre. Without her, I don’t think we would have so many of the comics that we have. Rest in peace to a comic book legend!

8 Likes

Seen so much of her work and seeing how she worked even up to as recently as a year or two ago is crazy to think about. So much she brought to the industry with her iconic art. Also sounds like she was a great person too.

May she rest in peace.

10 Likes

She was a tremendous artist. Check out Mark Evanier’s blog (www.newsfrommme dot com) for some cool reminiscences. I really wish the “unlimited” app had more of her Metamorpho work.

8 Likes

Rest in peace, Ramona. :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

Welcome to the community, @rouleau2002.65222 - thanks for sharing. Her art is spectacular. Please don’t hesitate to submit comic requests to us in the following thread: Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread. If you need anything, feel free to let the moderator team know. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

She will be missed.

5 Likes