Ram V & Rafael Albuquerque To Take Over Detective Comics In July

can i get the issues i would enjoy reading them?

Robin 101-105, Gotham Gazette: Batman Dead and Batman Alive, Road to Dark Crisis. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those preview pages are looking dark and moody and dare I say, operatic as heck. Definitely excited for this. :smiley:

From a few days back…

The latest ad for Detective Comics #1062 contains a QR code linking to a secret trailer revealing the gothic nature of Ram V and Rafael Albuquerque’s upcoming epic.

That “secret trailer” was really cool. I like that.

And the issue was very pleasant. I really enjoyed it.

Rafael Albuquerque’s art was pitch perfect. The back-up story was good too.

Everything was just right.

I’ve always liked DETECTIVE COMCS. BATMAN not so much, I’ve rarely ever read that. DETECTIVE COMCS though seems to do things with Batman that I like better.

Anyway, I am content. Thank you, Ram V. :smiling_face:

I thought the main story was very intriguing. The backup pissed me off, because it does not fit with either the Jim Gordon I know from reading comics for so long, or with what Tynion wrote less than a month ago.

1 Like

agreed.

The Dragon Has Returned.

anyone else get Hellraiser vibes off this

1 Like

An interesting interview…

So far so good.

I like everything he’s saying.

Flipped through this at the comic store yesterday.

I didn’t buy it, but the story does look interesting and, like Zdarsky’s Batman, will be something I definitely read on DCUI or in trade.

Nocturna has been all over the place lately. She was in the Arkham City series, Road to Dark Crisis, Truth & Justice, and (an alt version) in Suicide Squad.

1 Like

I have not gotten very far into Arkham city even though I have two issues.

Loved the first issue of this run and can’t wait for the next!

1 Like

I’m glad to hear people are enjoying this! I’m really behind on Detective Comics and need to catch up.

Preview of DETECTIVE COMICS #1063

Old friends Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent share a moment together asking: At what point does Gotham not need a Batman anymore? As Batman’s investigation around Gotham leads him to encounter more and more demonic beings, the one thing they all have in common is…they’re all people he fights to keep off the streets and behind bars. But when Two-Face appears asking Batman for help, is he friend or foe? And is whatever’s going on with Batman already too late to do anything about?..Is he the detective or the devil?

This is so pleasant in how understated it is…

It’s just doing it’s own thing.

2 Likes

They could bring back Nocturna as a love interest in a love triangle with Catwoman

1 Like

Detective Comics is usually the better of the two

1 Like

Love square with Talia back too! Let’s throw in Vicki Vale, Silver St. Cloud, Vesper Fairchild, Sasha Bordeaux, and Julie Madison for the heck of it!

2 Likes

and have them all heartbroken when bruce chooses selina.

Well, of course! BatCat forever! And I think Ram V agrees, from his awesome Future State: Catwoman miniseries!

1 Like

Better yet, bring Batwoman in so that Bruce and Kate find out that they’re Eskimo siblings. :rofl:

Anyway, man the second issue was good. Ram is really pulling off the classical, poetic and gothic vibe in the dialogue and Rafael is really knocking it out of the park. The full page spread of Barbatos monologuing over Bruce’s prone and horrified body was haunting.

I am curious about what’s up with Two-Face and the gold mask. Is that from a recent Two-Face arc I haven’t read or is that new for this story?

2 Likes