"Rainy Day Comics"

I done caught myself a cold (insert Captain Cold pun that I’m too sick/tired to think of), so I’m looking for recommendations that don’t require a lot of thinking. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
What are your favorite comics to read on rainy days/when you’re feeling under the weather?

4 Likes

Most of the teen books are light and breezy. I’d recommend Young Justice, Super Sons, and Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S. Also Robin: Year One, and Batgirl: Year One are great, short, self-contained books, they’re not as comical as the others, but they still have a happy ending. Hope you feel better!

1 Like

I always turn to my Silver Age stuff. So I might pull out some Curt Swan Supes, Ditko and Romita Spideys, or Lee and Kirby FF’s. And you can never ever go wrong when you pick up a Batman book by Adams and O’Neill.

1 Like

Anything illustrated by Jim Lee or starring Superman usually does the trick for me on a rainy day.

1 Like

My Bronze Age Justice League of America collection

1 Like

Justice league (1987) on DCU.

Because Guys antics will make you chuckle even with a cold. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Gregor BWAHAHA 4Life

1 Like

These are all fantastic suggestions! Turns out I have the flu, so I may have more time to read them all than previously thought lol
Thank you everyone for your input!! <3

1 Like

New Superman by Gene Luen Yang. It is a cool take on the idea of China ripping off American IP and he just crafts a story so well. He is also a super nice guy. He visited my school (I am a teacher) to promote his Secret Coder series and I had a chance to talk to him a bit and he was just really really nice.

1 Like

Injustice Gods Among Us is good for a easy, good read.
Doom Patrol will spin your head.
All Star Batman & Rebirth are great.
Of course, Johns’ Lantern run.

1 Like