R.I.P. Comicstorian AKA Ben Potter

A famous YouTuber, Comicstorian has very recently died. He had a lot of content about DC and Marvel comics. He had just hit 3 million subscribers. He got into a car accident. May he rest in peace and always be remembered​:orange_heart::pray:

14 Likes

I only watched a couple of his videos but you can tell he clearly put a lot of time and effort into his videos and he was a great narrator. I am really shocked at this news.

Rest in Peace :pray:

8 Likes

Wait… WHAT!?

9 Likes

Exactly my reaction. :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_tear:I didn’t expect today to get any worse.

8 Likes

I just saw Natalie’s post on the community tabs for the channels.

This man has been a huge part of my comic book journey. I watched every single video of his talkshow inspired videos, his podcast style videos, and of course his full story videos back when I was reading comics and wanted to see if I would eventually buy them for myself.

I just recently got back into his videos after a long hiatus from comics and I am… I’m crying. I am speechless, and I cannot even begin to imagine what is family, friends, and team are going through right now.

I don’t know what to even think right now.

7 Likes

I didn’t know he died!! RIP!

8 Likes

i saw the news earlier today
i really liked his “benny has a problem” series
its unfortunate that hes gone and i wish his family the best

8 Likes

I heard about this earlier today, and it is absolutely gut-wrenching. I didn’t want to believe it when I heard it. Benny was one of the biggest (and my personal favorite) self-made comic book YouTubers in the community, and there will be a huge hole left behind. I know the team will continue on what he built, but we all know that it won’t be the same. I personally have been subscribed to the main channel for about 10 years, and always looked forward to his videos. He had such great energy, humor, and passion in everything he did. He loved being creative and had an amazing narrator voice.

RIP Benny the Comicstorian, you will never be forgotten

7 Likes

I’m so very sorry to hear about this.:pensive:

8 Likes

That would explain why I have no idea who this man is. I keep seeing threads about him in various places. He seems to have gotten a lot of people into comics.

It just shows that, once again, if there is a bright shiny star at the center of the cultural galaxy, I’m on the planet furthest from it.

11 Likes

While I never have a passion for his content like so many others. I recognize he was a big part of the comic community that helped people unfamiliar with comics get into the fandom. It was a shock because he was so young and it seems so random. I guess that’s life though. :pensive:

9 Likes

I heard him read all of Red Hood’s books and stories before I could go to the store and purchase them myself. I will never forget those moments where I watched his read throughs of Red Hood and the Outlaws in secret back when no one knew I was a Jason Todd fan.

This is absolutely devastating.

6 Likes

This here is one of the last videos that had been released before his passing.

And here is the last Comicstorian video put out before his passing.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I also ignore comic youtubers (unless someone here sends me a video), and I knew he was a big one.

6 Likes

His videos especially his voice overs for comics were LEGENDARY!!

He would truly be missed.

6 Likes

Such sad news to hear today. I hope they rest in peace and his family and friends will be in my thoughts. :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Various news reports said that it was a car accident. RIP

5 Likes

Thanks for the info
Also rip​:orange_heart::pray:

3 Likes

his wife or girlfriend only said accident from what i heard
was a car specified by her directly ?

3 Likes