R.I.P. Arleen Sorkin

23 Likes

I’ve certainly enjoyed other performers’ takes on the character, but Arleen Sorkin literally inspired the creation of Harley Quinn, let alone providing the template that everyone else has followed.

She will be missed.

16 Likes

RIP to the OG

13 Likes

:broken_heart::cry::purple_heart:

8 Likes

Just what we need, another sad news. Sorkin did amazing job, she truly is a mother of Harley Quinn. She was so perfect for the role, she will be miss. :pensive:

:harley_hv_5: :00_harley_quinn:

10 Likes

I was just talking about this in Harley’s Crew. This is very sad news. Her impact has been enormous. BtAS and Harley are how I became a DC fan.:00_harley_quinn: :heartpulse: Much love and support to her and her family.

10 Likes

She was the best!

9 Likes

If anyone here had anything to do with her death than I am coming for you! :sob:

5 Likes

This artist on Tumblr, hasaniwalker, posted this piece of art they made of Harley and Batman from the Harley’s Holiday episode and oh my gosh it’s tugging at my heart strings.

I found out the news last night, I woke up and saw more about it… I think it’s just now fully sinking in.

She has her dress :sob:

8 Likes

I can only hope she’s up there with Kevin now.

7 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

It truly sucks.

4 Likes

Arleen Sorkin is the definition of “Often imitated, never duplicated”. There have been other people that have played Harley, but no one truly inhabited the role like Arleen Sorkin could.

That makes for two of my favorite Voice Over artists that have passed this month, Johnny Hardwick (Dale Gribble in King of the Hill) passed early August.

6 Likes

This is so sad :sob: Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Very sad to hear this. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Paul Dini was inspired to create Harley after seeing Arleen in an episode of Days of Our Lives dressed as a harlequin. The two had gone to college together. Arleen truly breathed life into Harley and I don’t think anyone has played the role as well.

10 Likes

rest in power arleen sorkin the original voice actor of harley quinn

6 Likes

I remember the first time my mom saw me watching Batman: The Animated Series, she remarked that Harley Quinn’s voice was the voice of an actress she loved on Days of Our Lives. Apparently, she was beloved by fans of that show as well.

8 Likes

I have a friend who is a big soap opera fan and I can confirm that Arleen Sorkin did indeed have a huge following among Days of Our Lives fans. She was one of those actors everyone adored.

5 Likes

Arleen’s legacy will truly never fade away. She’s immortal.

3 Likes