Quick Jim Lee Deadman Recreation

Here’s the final.

Still gotta finish the background. Post the final version when finished.

Ok had a little time on my lunch break to get this started. Was gonna to yesterday at work but took the day off from drawing. This is my jim lee deadman recreation. This is my 9th one I’ve done. All freehand only used Jim’s art as a reference. Going to finish it tonight hopefully and post the finished piece, hope everyone likes it. Also @Razzzcat I’m tagging you hope that’s ok, thanks for picking deadman

7 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: @NYJt3. Ok need your help. Can you please pick my next jim lee recreation piece? Grim knight, grifter, or aquaman?

2 Likes

How about the Grim Knight

2 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:. Thank you :pray:t2:.

2 Likes

Deadman! :raised_hands: :heart_eyes:. My eyes are feasting once again. Thanx for the progressive shots too. I love before and afters.
And you may tag me *annnytime.*:facepunch:

2 Likes

Awesome request @Razzzcat and even better execution! I love seeing the evolution of this piece. Each face really comes to life! Deadman looks fantastic (for being dead). Lol. I was thinking about another opportunity that would be a cool challenge for you @Viciousdark.

From James Tynion’s new Batman “Their Dark Designs” story arc: The Designer!

1 Like

Thank you :blush: @Razzzcat, I’ll definitely tag you if you make any deadman pieces.
Thank you :pray:t2: @KeyFamily. The faces were a challenge, it’s one of the reasons I wanted to recreate this one. I also make these a little bigger than Jim’s art and I add a little to each one that’s not in the original. What did you have in mind with the character? Did you want a recreation or a my take on this character? I like his look but I never seen him before.

2 Likes

Good question @Viciousdark! I’m torn because I love this original look. But I think that he could be thrown into a more interesting environment. So I think the challenge would be to draw him, with all of the detailing - as is, and then imagine a new creative locale.

1 Like

Ok I’m game for this but it’s gotta be a fair trade. If I draw this for you have to make me something as well, lol :joy: . I want a creeper pic. Any way any style but I want a whole body pose not just a head/profile pic. Please . I actually like the character the creeper. That’s the challenge for you, deal?

1 Like

It’s a deal @Viciousdark! When is our due date? Just to clarify, this is The Creeper from DC Comics, not The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers - correct?

Side Note: Jeepers Creepers has its own comic series too! I own issues 1 & 3. :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Yea so we can post here I suggest the dc creeper. I do like the jeepers creepers movies tho, didn’t know there was a comic series that’s really cool. No due date because I’m gonna do grim knight first because nyjt3 pick it already but that nexts and I’ll just dm you so we can post together on the same thread . But hopefully I can finish grim knight tonight and start this tom.

2 Likes