Quick Batman Red Rain & Catwoman

Here’s my weekly challenge #6 for the #dcfac. It was really quick job so I hope everyone likes it. @DCFanArtClub

12 Likes

Quick?! Awesome job!

3 Likes

That’s awesome :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:t2: @AnonymousHQ & thank you :blush: @NYJt3.

3 Likes

It’s like a Kelly Jones, Jim Lee stye. Love it

2 Likes

There’s a reason for that- because this is drawn by Jim Lee. He’s doing “60 sketches in 60 days” and auctioning each one to help comic stores who need help during quarantine.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: @TheSandmanofGotham, & yes @TheTerribleToyman this was a recreation that I did of a jim lee piece. But this is my recreation.

Here’s the pencil sketch. I also mentioned the comic auction that was happening on eBay when I recreated his bizarro, in that post. This is my third recreation of Jim’s art that he’s auctioning.

4 Likes

Here’s also a pic of me inking in the actual piece. Incase anyone thinks I’m stealing Jim lees art or something like that, :rofl: lol. I thought I put enough differences and rushed it so a lot of missing/mistakes would show but apparently not. I just love this piece and can’t afford to buy it ( for over 15,000 dollars :flushed:) and don’t want a printer copy so I recreated it and thought it was also prefect for the dc art challenge.

4 Likes

That’s a really great imulation of Jim Lee’s piece! I’ve done lots of imulations in school—you learn a lot from doing them :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: @EasternShoreSpeedster. I really pushed to finish this one quickly. The whole piece took about 2 hours , I just wanted to see how good it would come out doing it as fast as I could . I totally agree emulating/recreating other ppl work helps a lot. I use a lot of references when I draw even if it’s my own design.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m sucker for long ears.

3 Likes

Thanx for the eye candy, @Viciousdark! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: @Hinesypoo, who isn’t right?!. Lol. Thank you :pray:t2: @Razzzcat I’m gonna try to recreate all the ones he’s auctioning that I like . So far I have made 5 .

1 Like

That truly is beautifully done.

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t2: @Behemoth. :blush:

1 Like