Questions for the People

Can anybody tell me if DC ever published any “Star Trek” comics?
And would anyone else like to see them put their old “” Tarzan" comics on this site?

3 Likes

DC had a long series of Star Trek and the Next Generation comics.

6 Likes

DC’s Star Trek line had some unfortunate timing. The series started between The Wrath of Khan and The Search for Spock, so it was constantly having to dance around the continuity of the movies. Two of my favorite writers worked on the series: Mike W. Barr wrote much of the first volume starting in 1984, and Peter David started penning the second volume in 1989. Len Wein and Mike Carlin also managed to get their own runs on the book.

4 Likes

I’d like to see them on this site sometime.

1 Like

I wonder if they were digitized…or if DC still has the rights to reprint them.

2 Likes

DC did do few of Star Trek Voyager comics. As much as I would love to see Green Lantern/Star Trek Crossover or any series, I doubt they’ll allow them on here umless Paramount allows it.:confused:

2 Likes

Joe Kubert’s Tarzan work for DC is currently on sale on comixology, but as a Darkhorse publication, not DC, so maybe Darkhorse controls all Tarzan comics content right now…?

2 Likes

6852_whistling

3 Likes

I was a huge fan of both the ongoing Star Trek: TOS series, and am trying to schedule a reread in the last half of the year, as I’ve been dying to go through them again.

3 Likes

Star Trek Annual #3 (1988) by Peter David, Curt Swan and Ricardo Villagran. A great character driven story about Mr. Scott. DC did a very good job with all their Trek books.

4 Likes

My wife just recently got me into Star Trek- I had seen the Green Lantern/, Star Trek crossover in the past and had no interest. Now it’s on my bucket list of things to read soon.

5 Likes

@TheTerrificToyman: Welcome new “trekker”! The numerous live-action TV shows and tons of DC, Marvel, and Malibu comics (not to mention hundreds of original novels) are out there waiting to transport you to “where no one has gone before”. Enjoy!

5 Likes

I think IDW now has the Star Trek license. Which unfortunately seems to include the old DC stuff so I doubt we’d get to see it here.