Question : What is the timeline for Titans and doom Patrol

Just started watching Titans and I’m just a little confused on the general timeline for the Doom Patrol crossover. Is it after DP season 1?

I’m pretty sure that they are in separate universes. The actors playing the Doom Patrol in Titans were doing it at the time as just a cameo appearance. Sometime afterwards, they decided to make a Doom Patrol show, and just happened to use the same actors. Somebody should fact check me on this though, I’m not 100% certain

1 Like

Titans & Doom Patrol are separate universes within the DC multiverse.
(Although I don’t know if any particular earth number has been assigned. As Earth 16 is for YJ.

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything about them being in separate universes until now. I assumed they shared universes since they are mostly the same actors and set.

I assumed Titans took place before Doom Patrol and DP just didnt reference beast boy.

1 Like

As has been said, the two series are not connected despite sharing actors and characters.

Doom Patrol was originally announced as and believed to be a Titans spinoff with certain roles having been recast, but both Doom Patrol showrunners/producers Jeremy Carver and Sarah Schecter and April Bowlby - who plays Elasti-Woman in both the Doom Patrol series and the Titans “Doom Patrol” episode - made comments in February of this year clarifying that the two shows were not in fact connected, with Bowlby even going so far as to state that her character as portrayed in the “Doom Patrol” series does not know Gar Logan.

It should be noted that this isn’t the first time an announced property has been believed to be a spinoff of another property but actually isnt, as the CW Seed animated shorts series Constantine: City of Demons was originally announced as being a spinoff of the character’s appearances in the Arrowverse but instead turned out to be connected to the Dc Animated Movies Universe film Justice League Dark.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think they’re suppose to exist in the same timeline

1 Like

I honestly thought that all of the DCU tv shows shared the same universe or connected timeline just like the CWDC universe does. Also until I saw cyborg in doom patrol I originally thought that these were DCEU tv shows. But Doom Patrol existing in the same universe as titans would still explain why cyborg wasn’t in titans. Also SPOILER ALERT: Niles was searching for immortality and he must’ve found the answer right away because he didn’t seem to age since 1918.

1 Like

I always just assumed that Titans happens before Doom Patrol and Gar was only with the Doom Patrol for two years while the others were a part of it for decades so him not being brought up didn’t seem really odd to me. I’d never heard about the two being separate, I thought they shared a continuity and that was why the DP cast (save for Timothy Dalton) all appeared in Titans first.

Oh, I just figured they never mentioned Gar because he wasn’t relevant. Don’t really see any reason they would need to be separate universes, but oh well.

I did think it was weird how Larry was seen cooking a TON of food in Titans, but the only hint we get of that in DP is when Mr. Nobody is making the team relive a fake reality over and over.

1 Like

They merely exist on different earths, example: Young Justice is on earth 16. (There are Easter eggs in every episode that have the number 16 in them)

Also in the CWVERSE Supergirl is on a different earth than Flash, LoT, Arrow and Batwoman.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone. It was just a little confusing.

On a simmilar subject…WHAT YEAR IS IT IN GOTHAM!?! Robin hacks with his wrist computer meanwhile a NEWSIE in a cap sells newspapers. Riddler has nannites, but guys with tommy guns and fedora’s are on the docks. And don’t even TRY to look at the automobiles…Robin’s electic cycle goes speeding past an Edsel. (This post is pure lighthearted roasting. I love Gotham, i just get a kick out of it’s “outside of time” ascetic)

1 Like

Well clearly it’s the year (2@♧🎷) in Gotham. I thought that was common knowledge.

2 Likes

The cast and crew on Titans and Doom Patrol have given inconsistent answers on the timeline thing. I’ve seen “yes” and “no”. In my head canon there is no reason it can’t be in the same universe though…

Here’s how I see the timeline…

Doom Patrol pilot flashbacks occur…Cliff becomes Robotman and spends decades in his room.
Gar joins the team
Chief regains his mobility
Titans episode happens…Gar leaves and Chief gets crippled again
Doom Patrol episode 1 events pick up here as Jane enters.

“The cast and crew on Titans and Doom Patrol have given inconsistent answers on the timeline thing”

No, they haven’t.

"Here’s how I see the timeline…

Doom Patrol pilot flashbacks occur…Cliff becomes Robotman and spends decades in his room.
Gar joins the team
Chief regains his mobility
Titans episode happens…Gar leaves and Chief gets crippled again
Doom Patrol episode 1 events pick up here as Jane enters."

As stated earlier, April Bowlby was unequivocal in stating that the Rita in the Doom Patrol series doesn’t know Gar.

You can’t “headcanon” that fact away.

1 Like