Question about reading Scott Snyder’s JL and metal events

So after I end up reading the rest of the GL books I’ve been thinking of reading Scott Snyder’s JL and his metal/ death metal events. I know to read no Justice before reading his JL run. Is there anything else I should read first? I had thought about reading the new 52 justice league and the forever evil first. I had heard Bryan hitch’s JL wasn’t any good so I was thinking of just skipping all the rebirth era JL books before Snyder’s run unless there is a reason I needed to read them. Your suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know, but I hope you get an answer soon!

Metal comes before Justice League: No Justice. Then there’s Snyder’s Justice League run. I’d also read, The Batman Who Laughs series, Flash Forward and Year of The Villian: Hell Arisin before reading Death Metal.

You don’t really have to read the Rebirth Justice League run for anything. But there are some Death Metal tie-in Justice League issues post Snyder’s run.

Also the New 52 Justice League run is mixed but I enjoy it for what it was!

2 Likes

I’d say his run on Batman. Stuff happens in Metal that was set up waaay back during his initial run with the Bat.

3 Likes

New 52 JL isn’t required for Snyder’s stuff, but I’d still recommend it in general. Just a fantastic run all around, especially at the end w/ Darkseid War

1 Like