Quarantine Time

I’m curious, there is so much to do on the DC Universe i just got my subscription roughly a week ago and was quickly overwhelmed with how much there is to do. So im wondering, what is everyone reading and watching in these strange times. I just finished titans season 2 and young justice season 3, all this binge watching and binge reading comes in handy huh? :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome!

Maybe looking over the book clubs would help you narrow your focus for reading? And I’ll always recommend watching Doom Patrol!

1 Like

Welcome to DC Universe! It can be a lot at first but a really great part that I enjoy is the community! I’ve met really great people on here and they’ll always recommend new stuff for you!

2 Likes

I also recommend checking out the book clubs. I’ve found them to be good resources for finding books to read that you might not otherwise have thought to try. They are also a lot of fun.

1 Like

Recommend as far as TV shows giving Doom Patrol a watch as it is IMHO one of the best shows on TV anywhere, not just on DC Universe. Also recommend Harley Quinn and DC Universe All Star Games as they are good fun distractions for these tougher times.

1 Like

i have in fact seen doom patrol, i didnt enjoy it quite as much as titans but it was good

1 Like

loved harley quinn, havent watched all star games yet

1 Like

I’m currently almost done with Convergence (finally!), and since I co-run the Dick Grayson Fan Club, I’ve been reading the issues we are highlighting bi-weekly.

Also, you should watch Swamp Thing! It’s such a good show, and I’m disappointed it got canceled (though I understand why). Harley Quinn is also great. The first episode is a great introduction to how crazy the show is (but in a good way).

i have seen harley quinn and am really excited for friday, but swamp thing is a little slow started for me. im still trying to power throuhg it but i think i would enjoy it more if i had more knowledge of the swamp thing characters, i like swamp thing alot but i dont know any of the others

1 Like

Welcome! My personal recommendation, as it always is, is to check out Stephanie Brown’s Batgirl series!

3 Likes

Welcome to the club. I have been here since it opened and I am still overwhelmed with how much there is to do. I think you will enjoy your time here.

1 Like

i plan on buying again i love it here!

I was not big on the Convergence mini-series itself. But some of the tie-in 2 parters were really good reads.

1 Like

I really liked the ones with the Red Rain universe.

1 Like

Indeed. I really adored:
The Question (a masterpiece)
Nightwing/Oracle (finally!)
Batman and Robin (a very nice Jason and Damian story)
Batgirl (much maligned, but I think it’s better than most allow)
Superman (of course - Weeks, Jurgens, Lois, Clark, Jon!)
Shazam (truly amazing read!)

1 Like

I enjoyed all of those as well.

1 Like

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Swamp Thing
Constantine
Doom Patrol
Those are what I am currently watching. As for reading, I am currently reading Superman (2011) and Action Comics rebirth. I know it can be a little overwhelming at first but you will get used to it.

where are you watching watchmen? are you watching the motion comic?

I’m watching it on HBO

I dont know why I put that there, Its not on this app, Its just a show I’m watching.