Quarantine Pastimes: Lantern RPG!

While trapped at home and inspired by DCU All Star Games, I’ve been working on a tabletop(?) RPG that would be based on the lantern corps from Blackest Night and New Guardians! I’ve never made an RPG before so I’m just working on basics right now, but basically each character could choose their race (Human, Thanagarian, Rannian, etc.) and their Lantern Corps (Red, Orange, Yellow, etc.) to build their characters. Each race would have different qualities (intelligence, charisma, etc) and each ring would have its own qualities (constructs, forcefields, and flight) and the mixing and matching of the two would make for unique character builds.

The way I see it, the GM could start the new recruits off in boot camp, that would allow them to level up their stats, and then break off on mission to save the universe!

I’m looking for comments and suggestions! New to the RPG world but bored as heck and trying to pass the time. Hit me up!

6 Likes

I’m ready to play, who did you want me to play as?

3 Likes

This is cool, I’m in.

3 Likes

And also I think they wanted us to choose what race we were and what lantern corps we were in.

3 Likes

I’ll be Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern. :gl_hv_2:

4 Likes

Why not just use DC Heroes like they are playing? The rules are super simple.

4 Likes

I do not have a copy of those. But that makes sense!

3 Likes

Haha the idea @Reaganfan78 is that the player would make their own unique character, kinda like how DnD works? Choose an alien, choose a corps, make your own backstory and work out your stats. though i suppose if you wanted to be a human Green lantern named Hal who used to be a test pilot for the airforce you could!

4 Likes

I am a rannian memeber of the sinestro corps. My name is rork. A criminal who loves the thrill of theft and loves to see people fear him.

3 Likes

Can we be any DC related race, or even animal? Like ch’p and Dex-Starr.

3 Likes

Good question HQ!

2 Likes

Definitely open to suggestions on characters! The character sheets I was working on so far were:
Human
Rannian
Thanagarian
Tamaranean (like Starfire)
Coluan (like Braniac)
Korugarian (like sinestro)

Each had certain stats based on what I knew about them (coluans have a high intelligence, thanagarians have faster flight, etc.) and a little history based on my readings to help set the scene.

What other DC aliens or animals (dig that idea!) should I try to add?

3 Likes

White and green martians. Maybe kryptonians? Most average size (so no elephants or anything big)earth mammals.oh yeah, robots would be cool too.

I also think that it’d be cool if someone could make an RPG fit to play on this platform (somehow…), if you are up to it, I’d be willing to help. Although it looks like neither of us are very experienced with RPGs :rofl:.

3 Likes

Sounds very fun, I’ll make sure to buy it when its released

3 Likes

I know this thread is dying, but I just came to mention that I’m writing an RPG for the first time as well!

4 Likes

I think that’s already going on over at Crisis on Earth 1. That game is very hard to play over forums!

3 Likes

I participated in the first round.

3 Likes

I meant like a Dungeons and Dragons RPG but DC themed

3 Likes

Are you using an existing RPG rule set as your base? For me it was DnD because I don’t have much experience with anything else. Also, I’m making a spreadsheet stats tracking system so it can be played virtually, or trying to at least!

Share your secrets and wisdom, @FerroLad!

3 Likes

I’m using a somewhat watered down version of D and D. That way some people who haven’t played don’t need to spend 30 minutes making a character.

3 Likes