Quarantine Impulse Purchases

This is AWESOME.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they were impulse purchases, because I’ve been thinking about buying them for a while, but I got these recently:

7 Likes

I picked up Locke & Key on impulse because I saw Joe Hill’s name on the cover…

Just finishing the third Trade with 4, 5 and 6 on order…

I realize they’re not at all DC related but if you like Horror Comics these are absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

Sweet! Have you considered getting them graded?

1 Like

@hashtag-goodtobejo if you also want the Locke & Key digitally, Humble Bundle is offering it, but it ends in two days. Also some other Joe Hill books.

Humble Comics Bundle: Joe Hill's Locke & Key and more by IDW Publishing (pay what you want and help charity)

1 Like

Got this today. Damn Mezco. The PX version of Sovereign Knight was a gateway to a much bigger problem. What you see here plus Supreme Knight on preorder and the new Wonder Woman on preorder. And Mafex Hush Batman and Superman.
I haven’t decided yet how I will integrate Darkseid. I got him for less than retail which is the only reason I pulled the trigger.

5 Likes

@SWhite that is bleeping awesome you have to do Superman vs Darksied!

2 Likes

I don’t have Superman! drops to knees and yells at the sky

2 Likes

Not DC related but i preordered a new Armored core figure.
Ppl in the AC community are hoping its the precursor to a new game. But im. Not holding my breath

2 Likes

Nice! Though I don’t collect villains, I’ve been thinking about that Darkseid for some time now. May I inquire about the deal?

Also, Supreme Knight, you go standard or PX?

2 Likes

I wish I had a secret to share but I just got lucky on eBay. If I’m honest I still shouldn’t have done it. I’m still in the honeymoon phase so I can’t reliably say if it’s worth it BUT it would be pretty great with your Trinity.
The articulation is kind of limited, probably because of the material they used for the body. The cape limits his arms. The light up feature is cool and I really like that they stayed with a version of the classic costume. The damaged face looks awesome when lit up.
The case Batman is in is kind of a pain but I’ll do some pics eventually and add to one of my old threads.
I really need them to do a new Superman. If the Mafex Superman stays on schedule it will work.
Also, both. I’m weak!

5 Likes

Thanks man. Very familiar with the “I shouldn’t have done it” feeling. Been there, done that… still do that on occasion, though I’m definitely better about keeping it under control now :slightly_smiling_face:

The fact that it’s a polystone body is what has me really intrigued about the figure, very fitting for Darkseid. I bet it’s a hefty piece. I honestly care more about sculpt/paint quality and overall appearance than I care about articulation, so the limited movement doesn’t turn me off. Looks great in your pics. The price though… pretty steep.

Any Superman they announce will be an instant pre-order for me. Given their pace though, we’re probably a ways off from one.

Thinking of the black Supreme Knight with the new Diana. Probably a good match there… but… there’s no matching Supes :joy:.

3 Likes

Just a quick size comparison pic to add to your inner conflict over buying this.

3 Likes

He’s big… and now the display possibilities are growing in my head. Trinity vs Darkseid. That means I need to pose everyone though. I barely have room for museum style poses as is. Invest in new shelves?

:joy::joy::joy:

Joking aside, I’m thinking seriously about the Supreme Knight and new Wonder Woman. 2 for the price of this guy.

I also fear the domino effect. If I get a Darkseid, how can I not get a Lex? And a Joker? And a Cheetah?

2 Likes

Lost my job. Bought this. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Uh… the like is for the graded comic, not losing your job. That sucks. Hope you find another one in no time.

6 Likes

@moro Thanks, buddy.

3 Likes

Sorry you lost your job, and I wish you luck in job hunting.

On a much happier note, nice purchase! I’ve always thought Azrael was pretty cool.

3 Likes

Thanks, man! I love him. I think he’s misunderstood because unfamiliar readers have only read his KNIGHTFALL stuff. He’s a very kind and relatable character. Brutal trauma story.

5 Likes

Ooh! That face does look amazing lit up! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like