Public Service Announcement: Please Respect Our Community & Topic Guidelines - Stay On Topic

Public Service Announcement: Please Respect Our Community & Topic Guidelines - Stay On Topic

Hi everyone!

As you may have noticed, we have fun around here. A big reason we can keep the fun going non-stop, and it doesn’t dissolve into a chaotic, sugar-crashed, gibbering mess is because we have…

:sparkles: :rainbow: :unicorn: RULES! :unicorn: :rainbow: :sparkles:

Ah yes, RULES. Like the metal guardrails that prevent a car from plummeting off a cliff, or the safety net that could have saved Dick's parents, our rules are in place to ensure our community remains a nice place for people from all walks of life to kick back, relax, and find fellow DC enthusiasts with whom they can discuss the events of tomorrow, today, yesterday, and the past 80 years.

However, there has lately been a high volume of need for our moderation team to remind people to

STAY ON TOPIC.

Staying on topic has many benefits:
  • Makes it easier for everyone to join the conversation
  • No need to nod and smile and act like you know what’s going on
  • Inclusion of anyone who wants to participate in the topic they clicked on
  • Invites new opinions and ideas to pull up a chair
  • Whiter teeth
  • Clearer skin
  • +5 Sanity

If you’re feeling a bit silly, a little cheeky, say, why not head over to…

THE ICEBERG LOUNGE?

There, you can stream of consciousness all you want with your fellow chums!

:thinking: “I’m enjoying the direction a conversation is going, but it’s not the title of the topic. What do?”

Make a new friend! :love_letter: DM :love_letter: the chum who you are having a spirited one-on-one with, and strike up a rousing debate, one that is free to wander and roam outside the confines of our lame, square “rules”. *
*Disclaimer, many/most “rules” still apply in DMs.

:smiley: “HEY, THESE RULES SOUND LIKE SOME GOOD BEDTIME READING! WHERE CAN I FIND THEM?”

Thanks for asking! You can find our Community Guidelines right here, and our best practices for Topic Posting Guidelines over here.

P&TY,
Management

45 Likes

May I just say, Well done guys! That was a great write up, very informationally funny and quirky.

I have a question that I have searched for the Answer and not found,
How does one get into the Iceberg Lounge? I just want to see the Shenanigans

8 Likes

I completely agree! This was a refreshing message to wake up to. Thank you, @Applejack!

@Carbon, here is more information on the Iceberg Lounge. Hope to see you there soon! :batman_hv_1:

10 Likes

Thanks for the reasonable and respectful response. Is this also geared towards things like the Watch-Alongs and Trivia? I’ve kind of assumed they were more casual and now I’m feeling paranoid that I’ve been posting unrelated things.

7 Likes

Good question! Watch-Alongs are the closest thing we have to a chat room in the “not random” areas. As for Trivia, I lurk there every once in a while- although sometimes there is side chatter, it doesn’t get to the point where there’s 10+ comments that aren’t relevant to the conversation. Just folks having a bit of fun. When there is a live component to what we’re doing (AKA, “join us 2pm-4pm!”) it is a bit unfair and frankly, throttles the fun to crack the whip every time someone says something a bit jovial.

It’s jazz, baby. We’re all just human (I’m pretty sure).

14 Likes

Awesome, just wanted to make sure. For most of my experience it’s been pretty fun despite getting on a slight tangent, I just wanted to see how mods may gauge it

6 Likes

Hi @Carbon! The link that KeyFamily gave should have all of the information needed in regards to the Iceberg Lounge. If you have any additional questions though please let us know! A big thanks to @KeyFamily for your assistance!!

8 Likes

You are most welcome, @Barrys.Better.Half!

5 Likes

I’ll work on it, Applejack!

3 Likes

<_<

8 Likes

Lol.
I’m am sorry for going massively off topic yesterday and I will try to remain on topi from now on.

3 Likes

Requoting for the unicorns and rainbows included in this PSA – I’m staying on topic, promise!

5 Likes

I just joined like 20 minutes ago and am already loving it. Good job!!

8 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:Welcome to DC Universe @MS091218!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

@Applejack I know my Legends summaries are definitely on topic, but what about when I ask what music from DC media do you like or other topics related to DC? Are those still ok?

4 Likes