Proud Owner Alert: Birds of Prey #8 Comic

The Birds of Prey #8 is a really special issue, following Nightwing and Oracle on their very first date. In conjunction with the story, the pages and their colorful artwork are positively glowing. I’m now the proud owner of the physical copy and wanted to showcase it to the DCU Community. :relaxed:

Awesome advertisement for Jnco Jeans!

One of my favorite spreads in this comic

An advertisement for the first Blade movie - on VHS (also available on DVD :laughing:)

28 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

That looks stunningly beautiful, @KeyFamily! :smiley: Congrats on the awesome find!

4 Likes

The old school paper pages are fantastic but if you would like to check out the HD version, here is the link to read on DCU:

Pages for comparison (minus the fun ads)

5 Likes

Thank you, @biff_pow and @ZatannaAndHerSpells! It was a challenging hunt but I landed a pristine copy and couldn’t be more excited! :partying_face:

5 Likes

One of the most heartfelt comic moments ever imho. I was blown away by the trapeze moment.

5 Likes

Me too, @dago-mage. Me too.

4 Likes

So amazing! Congrats and thx for Sharing!

4 Likes

Nice stuff, good find! :+1:

SN: JNCO Jeans were great.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, @Nonnika2005.627 and @Vroom!

SN SN: Jnco Jeans *are great! :wink:

5 Likes

I’d have said are great, but IDK if they’re still around or not. :wink:

2 Likes

What’s a VHS…
Is that one of those fancy Itallian scooter things?

4 Likes
4 Likes

JNCO Jeans: Because every teenage kid needs to carry around a 40oz bottle of King Cobra in their pocket.

5 Likes

The skater crowd at my high school sure thought so. Of course, they allegedly carried other things in those pockets too…

Me, I went for the reasonably sized wideleg JNCOs. I never stuck a beverage in 'em though.

5 Likes

I had one pair of the super big ones that I wore to Punk Shows every Friday nite just because they would carry two 40oz bottles in the pockets.

Other than that it was below the knees Dickies or Ben Davis. It never gets too cold for shorts in Southern California!

4 Likes

I always said they were the most adorable couple in DC. Also, it is really awesome that you were able to find that.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more, @Behemoth.Ravenlord! Thank you! I’m so happy that I managed to get this paper copy. After I read it, I knew how much it would mean to have it be a part of my comic collection.

3 Likes

I love the way the background mixes with their outfits

2 Likes

I do too, @ImSlowButILikeTheFlash! It’s a real stunner.

2 Likes